Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Feeding problems and nutrient intake in children with autism spectrum disorders: A meta-analysis and comprehensive review of the literature.J Autism Dev Disord. 2013; 43: 2159-2173
- Food selectivity in children with autism spectrum disorders and typically developing children.J Pediatr. 2010; 157: 259-264
- Food variety as a predictor of nutritional status among children with autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2012; 42: 549-556
- Food preferences and factors influencing food selectivity for children with autism spectrum disorders.Res Dev Disabil. 2006; 27: 353-363
- Dietary patterns and body mass index in children with autism and typically developing children.Res Autism Spectr Disord. 2012; 6: 399-405
- Addressing feeding disorders in children on the autism spectrum in school-based settings: Physiological and behavioral issues.Lang Speech Hear Serv Sch. 2008; 39: 261-272
- Eating habits of children with autism.Pediatr Nurs. 2000; 26: 259-264
- Mothers' challenges in feeding their children with autism spectrum disorder-managing more than just picky eating.J Dev Phys Disabil. 2012; 24: 19-33
- Feeding patterns in autism.Autism. 2000; 4: 207-211
- A balanced approach towards healthy eating in autism.J Hum Nutr Diet. 1998; 11: 501-509
Kuschner ES, Bennetto L, Silverman LB. Gustatory function and food preferences in high-functioning autism. International Meeting for Autism Research; May 5, 2005; Boston, MA.
- Dietary intake and parents' perception of mealtime behaviors in preschool-age children with autism spectrum disorder and in typically developing children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1360-1363
- Mealtime problems in children with autism spectrum disorder and their typically developing siblings: A comparison study.Autism. 2011; 15: 98-113
- A comparison of nutrient intake and eating behaviors of boys with and without autism.Top Clin Nutr. 2008; 23: 23-31
- Eating habits and dietary status in young children with autism.J Dev Phys Disabil. 2008; 20: 437-448
- The Sensory Profile: A discriminant analysis of children with and without disabilities.Am J Occup Ther. 1998; 52: 283-290
- Validation of a youth/adolescent food frequency questionnaire.Prev Med. 1997; 26: 808-816
- Blind ratings of early symptoms of autism based upon family home movies.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 617-626
- Symptoms in the 1st 2 years of life—A preliminary population study of infantile-autism.Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1989; 238: 169-174
- A comparison of the performance of children with and without autism on the sensory profile.Am J Occup Ther. 1997; 51: 530-537
- Unusual sensory sensitivities in autism: A possible crossroads.Int J Disabil Dev Educ. 2000; 47: 201-212
- Sensory processing in children with and without autism: A comparative study using the short sensory profile.Am J Occup Ther. 2007; 61: 190-200
- Fruit and vegetable consumption in children and their mothers. Moderating effects of child sensory sensitivity.Appetite. 2009; 52: 410-415
- An assessment of food acceptance in children with autism or pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified.J Autism Dev Disord. 2001; 31: 505-511
- Olfaction and taste processing in autism.Biol Psychiatry. 2007; 62: 1015-1021
- Parent reports of sensory symptoms in toddlers with autism and those with other developmental disorders.J Autism Dev Disord. 2003; 33: 631-642
- Feeding symptoms, dietary patterns, and growth in young children with autism spectrum disorders.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: E337-E342
- Development and validation of an inventory to assess mealtime behavior problems in children with autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2008; 38: 342-352
- Atypical behaviors in children with autism and children with a history of language impairment.Res Dev Disabil. 2007; 28: 145-162
- Severe feeding disorder and malnutrition in 2 children with autism.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2011; 32: 264-267
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by National Institutes of Health grant nos. HD048989 and HD004147-33A2, and the Boston Obesity Nutrition Research Center grant no. DK046200-14.