Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- ADA's historic commitment to improve nutrition policy.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 406-407
- Professional dietetic education in the US historical notes.J Am Diet Assoc. 1979; 72: 596-599
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' public policy priorities overview.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 392-394
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Scope of Practice for the Registered Dietitian.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: S17-S28
- Restoring health to health reform.J Am Med Assoc. 2010; 304: 85-86
- Population risk factors and trends in health care and public policy.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: S35-S46
Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH). ASPH Policy Brief. Confronting the Public Health Workforce Crisis. Executive Summary. December 2008.
- Future changes driving dietetics workforce supply and demand: Future scan 2012-2022.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: S10-S24
- Public Health Priorities for America.(Executive Summary) ASPH, Washington, DCJanuary 2009
- Priority areas for improvement of quality in public health.Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2010Accessed July 20, 2013)
- Career development in nutrition and dietetics: Carving out your own route.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 1528-1538
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Strategic Plan. Updated: January 1, 2012. http://www.eatright.org/search.aspx?search=Public+Health+Nutrition&type=Site. Accessed July 20, 2013.
- The educational pipeline and diversity in dietetics.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; : S13-S19
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Moving forward—A vision for the continuum of dietetics education, credentialing, and practice. https://cdrnet.org/pub/file.cfm?item_type=xm_file&id=10369. Accessed December 15, 2013.
Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. The future of the public's health in the 21st century. http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2002/The-Future-of-the-Publics-Health-in-the-21st-Century.aspx. Accessed July 20, 2013.
Council on Education for Public Health. Draft accreditation criteria for standalone baccalaureate programs. Silver Spring, MD. www.ceph.org. Accessed July 20, 2013.
- Practice-based teaching and learning: An example of academic-community collaboration.Public Health Reports. 2004; 119: 102-109
- Undergraduate public health: Preparing engaged citizens as future health professionals.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 253-257
- Progress and directions in professional credentialing for health education in the United States.Health Educ Behav. 2012; 39: 681-694
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Public Health Task Force Action Plan, March 2012. http://www.phcnpg.org/docs/Governance/2011-2012%20Strategic%20Plan.pdf. Accessed July 25, 2013.
- Health professionals for a new century: Transforming education to strengthen health systems in an interdependent world.Lancet. 2010; 36: 1923-1958
- Navigating practice and academic change in collaborative partnership with a community advisory board.J Allied Health. 2010; 39: 105-110
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Final Report of the Joint Meeting of the Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, Commission on Dietetic Registration, Council on Future Practice, Education Committee, Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors DPG. March 25, 2013, 1-15. http://cdrnet.org/vault/2459/web/files/JointMeetingReport.pdf. Accessed July 25, 2013.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.