Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Adherence to healthy lifestyle habits in US adults, 1988-2006.Am J Med. 2009; 122: 528-534
- Development and validation of a scale to measure Latino parenting strategies related to children’s obesigenic behaviors: The Parenting strategies for Eating and Activity Scale (PEAS).Appetite. 2009; 52: 166-172
- Parenting styles and home obesogenic environments.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2012; 9: 1411-1426
- Do Mexican-American mothers' food-related parenting practices influence their children's weight and dietary intake?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1861-1865
- Interventions addressing general parenting to prevent or treat childhood obesity.Int J Pediatr Obes. 2011; 6: e28-e45
- Longitudinal intervention effects on parenting of the Aventuras para Niños study.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 38: 154-162
- Parent predictors of child weight change in family based behavioral obesity treatment.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012; 20: 1539-1543
Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics. Health7 Obesity: Percentage of children ages 6-17 who are obese by age, race and Hispanic origin and gender, selected years 1976-2010. http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables/health7.asp. Accessed October 11, 2013.
US Census Bureau. Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2012. www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0067.pdf. Accessed August 27, 2012.
- Socialization in the context of the family: Parent-child interaction.in: Mussen P.H. Hetherington E.M. Handbook of Child Psychology: Socialization, Personality, and Social Development. 4th ed. Wiley, New York, NY1983: 1-101
- Stages of change.J Clin Psychol. 2011; 67: 143-154
- The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research.Aldine Transaction, New York, NY1967
- Obesity prevention policies for young children.in: Birch L.L. Burns A.C. Committee on Obesity Prevention Policies for Young Children. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
- Is parenting style related to children's healthy eating and physical activity in Latino families?.Health Educ Res. 2006; 21: 862-871
- Brief report: Parenting styles and obesity in Mexican American children: A longitudinal study.J Pediatr Psychol. 2010; 35: 243-249
- Relationships between parenting style, feeding style and feeding practices and fruit and vegetable consumption in early childhood.Appetite. 2011; 57: 826-831
- Parent-child interactions and objectively measured child physical activity: A cross-sectional study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2010; 7: 71-84
- Parent-child attitude congruence on type and intensity of physical activity: Testing multiple mediators of sedentary behavior in older children.Health Psychol. 2009; 28: 428-438
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC cultural insights: Communicating with Hispanics/Latinos. http://www.cdc.gov/healthcommunication. Accessed October 11, 2013.
- Míranos! Look at us, we are healthy! An environmental approach to early childhood obesity prevention.Child Obes. 2012; 8: 429-439
Patlak M, Ramirez AG, Gallion KJ. Salud America! The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Research Network to Prevent Obesity Among Latino Children. http://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm/reports/issue_briefs/2013/rwjf406414. Accessed October 11, 2013.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT E. Finley is an investigator with the Implementation Research Institute (IRI) at the George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis through an award from the National Institute of Mental Health (R25 MH080916-01A2) and the Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development Service, Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI).