Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- How do parents' child-feeding behaviours influence child weight? Implications for childhood obesity policy.J Public Health. 2007; 29: 132-141
- Childhood overweight and the relationship between parent behaviors, parenting style, and family functioning.Ann Am Acad Pol Soc Sci. 2008; 615: 11-37
- Does parenting affect children's eating and weight status?.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 15
- Reaching low-income families: Focus group results provide direction for a behavioral approach to WIC services.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 1277-1280
- Early childhood intervention for low-income children and families.in: Shonkoff J. Meisels S. Handbook of Early Childhood Intervention. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press, New York, NY2000: 361-386
- Targeting interventions for ethnic minority and low-income populations.Future Child. 2006; 16: 187-207
- Evaluating the relevance, generalization, and applicability of research: Issues in external validation and translation methodology.Eval Health Prof. 2006; 29: 126-153
Food and Nutrition Education in Communities. Collaboration for Health, Activity, and Nutrition in Children's Environments (CHANCE). 2011. http://www.fnec.cornell.edu/Our_Initiatives/CHANCE.cfm. Accessed December 12, 2012.
US Department of Agriculture. Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP). http://www.csrees.usda.gov/nea/food/efnep/efnep.html. Accessed December 12, 2012.
- Childhood overweight: A contextual model and recommendations for future research.Obes Rev. 2001; 2: 159-171
- Learning to Listen to Mothers: A Trainers' Manual to Strengthen Communication Skills for Nutrition and Growth Promotion.Academy for Educational Development, Washington, DC1993
- Using goal setting as a strategy for dietary behavior change.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 562-566
- Review of self-efficacy and locus of control for nutrition- and health-related behavior.J Am Diet Assoc. 1997; 97: 1122-1132
- Healthy Children, Healthy Families: Parents Making a Difference! A curriculum integrating key nutrition, physical activity, and parenting practices to help prevent childhood obesity.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 90-92
- Nutritively sweetened beverages and obesity.J Am Med Assoc. 2009; 301: 2210
- A Review of Household Behaviors for Preventing Obesity in Children.Mathematica Policy Research, Inc, Princeton, NJ2004: 6059-6200
- Obesity: Dietary and Developmental Influences.CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL2006
- Preventing Childhood Obesity: Health in the Balance.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2004
- Revisiting a neglected construct: Parenting styles in a child-feeding context.Appetite. 2005; 44: 83-92
- The benefits of authoritative feeding style: Caregiver feeding styles and children's food consumption patterns.Appetite. 2005; 44: 243-249
- Developing a measure of behavior change in a program to help low-income parents prevent unhealthful weight gain in children.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 12-21
- Translational research: Bridging the gap between long-term weight loss maintenance research and practice.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1511-1522.e1513
- Response shift bias: A problem in evaluating nutrition training using self-report measures.J Nutr Educ. 2001; 33: 165-170
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Funding for this project was provided by the US Department of Agriculture. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of the US Department of Agriculture.