Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Food-frequency questionnaires: A review of their design, validation and utilisation.Nutr Res Rev. 2004; 17: 5-22
- Use of a food frequency questionnaire in American Indian and Caucasian pregnant women: A validation study.BMC Public Health. 2005; 5: 135
- Validation of a food frequency questionnaire for assessing dietary nutrients in Brazilian children 5 to 10 years of age.Nutrition. 2008; 24: 427-432
- Validity and reproducibility of a food frequency questionnaire to assess dietary nutrients for prevention and management of metabolic syndrome in Korea.Nutr Res Pract. 2010; 4: 121-127
- Epidemiological assessment of diet: A comparison of a 7-day diary with a food frequency questionnaire using urinary markers of nitrogen, potassium and sodium.Int J Epidemiol. 2001; 30: 309-317
- Validation of a quantitative food-frequency questionnaire for use in Western Mali.Public Health Nutr. 2001; 4: 1267-1277
- Development, validation and utilisation of food-frequency questionnaires—a review.Public Health Nutr. 2002; 5: 567-587
- Reproducibility and relative validity of an extensive semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire using dietary records and biochemical markers among Greek schoolteachers.Int J Epidemiol. 1997; 26: S118-S127
- Reproducibility and relative validity of energy and macronutrient intake of a food frequency questionnaire developed for the German part of the EPIC project. European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition.Int J Epidemiol. 1997; 26: S71-S81
- Dietary intake and development of a quantitative food-frequency questionnaire for a lifestyle intervention to reduce the risk of chronic diseases in Canadian First Nations in north-western Ontario.Public Health Nutr. 2008; 11: 831-840
- Comparative validation of the Block, Willett, and National Cancer Institute food frequency questionnaires: The Eating at America's Table Study.Am J Epidemiol. 2001; 154: 1089-1099
- Developing meal-planning exchange list for traditional dishes in Jordan.Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 840-846
- Developing exchange system for desserts and appetizers common in the Jordanian cuisine.Nutr Diet. 2009; 66: 20-26
- Estimating sample size and power: Applications and examples.in: Hulley S.B. Cummings S.R. Browner W.S. Grady D.G. Newman T.B. Designing Clinical Research: An Epidemiologic Approach. 3rd ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2007: 65-96
- Total energy intake: Implications for epidemiologic analyses.Am J Epidemiol. 1986; 124: 17-27
- Statistical approaches for assessing the relative validity of a food-frequency questionnaire: Use of correlation coefficients and the kappa statistic.Public Health Nutr. 2003; 6: 313-321
- Reproducibility and validity of a semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire.Am J Epidemiol. 1985; 122: 51-65
- Development, repeatability and validity regarding energy and macronutrient intake of a semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire: Methodological considerations.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2012; 22: 659-667
- Statistical design of calibration studies.Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 65: 1187S-1189S
- Cost-efficient design of a diet validation study.Am J Epidemiol. 1995; 142: 353-362
- Performance of a food-frequency questionnaire in the US NIH-AARP (National Institutes of Health-American Association of Retired Persons) Diet and Health Study.Public Health Nutr. 2008; 11: 183-195
- Validation of a food frequency questionnaire for assessment of calcium and bone-related nutrient intake in rural populations.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 1349-1355
- Validation of a food frequency questionnaire to assess macro- and micro-nutrient intake among South Asians in the United Kingdom.Eur J Nutr. 2004; 43: 160-168
- Validation of the American Cancer Society Cancer Prevention Study II Nutrition Survey Cohort Food Frequency Questionnaire.Epidemiology. 2000; 11: 462-468
- Refinement and validation of an FFQ developed to estimate macro- and micronutrient intakes in a south Indian population.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 12-18
- Nutritional Epidemiology.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1998
- Validity and reproducibility of a food frequency questionnaire to assess dietary intake of women living in Mexico City.Salud Publica Mex. 1998; 40: 133-140
- Validity and calibration of food frequency questionnaires used with African-American adults in the Jackson Heart Study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1184-1193
- Reproducibility of an FFQ validated in Spain.Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13: 1364-1372
Gliem JA, Gliem RR. Calculating, interpreting, and reporting Cronbach's alpha reliability coefficient for Likert-type Scale. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/344. Accessed March 3, 2013.
- Prevalence of selected chronic, noncommunicable disease risk factors in Jordan: Results of the 2007 Jordan Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey.Prev Chronic Dis. 2012; 9: E25
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
Supplementary materials: The Figure is available online at www.andjrnl.org.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This project was fully sponsored by the Higher Council of Science and Technology, Amman, Jordan.