Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Breast Cancer Overview, 2011. American Cancer Society website. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastCancer/OverviewGuide/breast-cancer-overview-key-statistics. Accessed April 16, 2013.
Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, et al. SEER cancer statistics review, 1975-2009. SEER website. http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2009_pops09/browse_csr.php?section=4&page=sect_04_table.14.html. Accessed August 15, 2012.
- Cancer survivors-United States, 2007.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 269-272
- Why women gain weight with adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 1993; 11: 1418-1429
- Obesity and cancer: The risks, science, and potential management strategies.Oncology. 2005; 19: 871-881
- Physical activity, diet, adiposity and female breast cancer prognosis: A review of the epidemiologic literature.Maturitas. 2010; 66: 5-15
- Lifestyle prescriptions for cancer survivors and their communities.J Intern Med. 2011; 269: 88-93
- Nutrition and physical activity during and after cancer treatment: An American Cancer Society guide for informed choices.CA Cancer J Clin. 2006; 56: 323-353
- Nutrition and physical activity guidelines for cancer survivors.CA Cancer J Clin. 2012; 62: 242-274
- Meat and cancer.Meat Sci. 2010; 84: 308-313
- Relevance of nitrosamines to human cancer.Carcinogenesis. 1984; 5: 1381-1393
US Department of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion website. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/USDAFoodPatterns.htm. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- A new statistical method for estimating the distribution of usual intake of episodically consumed foods.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1575-1587
- A mixed-effects model approach for estimating the distribution of usual intake of nutrients: The NCI method.Stat Med. 2010; 29: 2857-2868
- Update of the Healthy Eating Index: HEI-2010.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 569-580
- N-Nitroso compounds in the diet.Mutat Res. 1999; 443: 129-138
- A review and meta-analysis of red and processed meat consumption and breast cancer.Nutr Res Rev. 2010; 23: 349-365
- Dietary patterns and breast cancer risk among women.Pub Health Nutr. 2013; 7 (Epub ahead of print): 1-9
- Diet quality of Americans differs by age, sex, race/ethnicity, income, and education level.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 297-306
- Americans do not meet federal dietary recommendations.J Nutr. 2010; 140: 1832-1838
- Diet Quality of Low-Income and Higher Income Americans in 2003-04 as Measured by the Healthy Eating Index-2005.US Dept of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, Washington, DC2008 (Report No. 42)
- Cancer survivors' adherence to lifestyle behavior recommendations and associations with health-related quality of life: Results from the American Cancer Society's SCS-II.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2198-2204
- Health-related behaviours in the EpiPorto study: Cancer survivors versus participants with no cancer history.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2011; 20: 348-354
- International Agency for Research on Cancer. Weight control and physical activity. IARC Handbooks for Cancer Prevention. IARC Press, Lyon, France2001: 2
- A feasibility study on weight reduction in obese postmenopausal breast cancer patients.Eur J Cancer Prev. 1993; 2: 233-238
- Combining weight-loss counseling with the weight watchers plan for obese breast cancer survivors.Obes Res. 2002; 10: 657-665
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by the Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forest Baptist Health Cancer Control Traineeship National Cancer Institute/National Institutes of Health grant no. R25CA122063 and the Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forest Baptist Health (grant no. P30CA121970). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Cancer Institute or the National Institutes of Health.