Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in body mass index among US children and adolescents, 1999-2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 483-490
- High visceral and low abdominal subcutaneous fat stores in the obese adolescent: A determinant of an adverse metabolic phenotype.Diabetes. 2008; 57: 367-371
- Use of MRI and CT for fat imaging in children and youth: What have we learned about obesity, fat distribution and metabolic disease risk?.Obes Rev. 2012; 13: 723-732
- Cellularity and adipogenic profile of the abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue from obese adolescents: Association with insulin resistance and hepatic steatosis.Diabetes. 2010; 59: 2288-2296
- Changes in consumption of omega-3 and omega-3 fatty acids in the United States during the 20th century.Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 93: 950-962
- Position of The American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada: Dietary fatty acids.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 1599-1611
- Dietary recommendations for children and adolescents: A guide for practitioners consensus statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2061-2075
Protein foods resource page. US Dept of Agriculture web site. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/protein-foods.html. Accessed February 27, 2013.
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in adolescents: Knowledge and consumption.J Adolesc Health. 2001; 28: 10-15
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid regulation of gene transcription: A molecular mechanism to improve metabolic syndrome.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 1129-1132
- Fatty acid regulation of hepatic lipid metabolism.Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2011; 14: 115-120
- Unsaturated fatty acids in fish oil play a role in adequate fat distribution to plasma, liver and white adipose tissue.J Health Sci. 2011; 57: 341-349
- Omega-3 PUFA of marine origin limit diet-induced obesity in mice by reducing cellularity of adipose tissue.Lipids. 2004; 39: 1177-1185
- Antiobesity effect of eicosapentaenoic acid in high-fat/high-sucrose diet-induced obesity: Importance of hepatic lipogenesis.Diabetes. 2010; 59: 2495-2505
- Adult women’s blood mercury concentrations vary regionally in the United States: Association with patters of fish consumption (NHANES 1999-2004).Environ Health Perspect. 2009; 117: 47-53
- Evolution of meal patterns and food choices of Japanese-American females born in the United States.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2000; 54: 665-670
- Asian adolescents have a higher trunk:peripheral fat ratio than whites.J Nutr. 2006; 136: 642-647
- A cost analysis of EPA and DHA in fish, supplements and foods.J Nutr Food Sci. 2012; 2: 1-5
- Time trends in physical activity among college alumni, 1962-1988.Am J Epidemiol. 1992; 135: 915-925
- Extending a multiethnic food composition table to include standardized food group servings.J Food Comp Anal. 2003; 16: 485-495
- Growth at Adolescence.Blackwell Scientific, Oxford, UK1962
Percentile data files with LMS values. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention web site. www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/percentile_data_files.htm. Accessed January 15, 2013.
- A new method for estimating the usual intake of episodically-consumed foods with application to their distribution.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1575-1587
- Nutritional Epidemiology.3rd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2013: 105-117
- Modeling data with excess zeros and measurement error: Application to evaluating relationships between episodically consumed foods and health outcomes.Biometrics. 2009; 65: 1003-1010
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST C. A. Watters received a grant previously from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. No potential conflict of interest was reported by the other authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT The Female Adolescent Maturation study was supported by US Department of Agriculture grant no. 9900700.