Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Laughlin L. Who's minding the kids? child care arrangements: Spring 2011. Published April 2013. http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p70-135.pdf. Accessed June 8, 2013.
- Childcare and overweight or obesity over 10 years of follow-up.J Pediatr. 2012; 162: 753-758
- Impact of a population based intervention to increase the adoption of multiple physical activity practices in centre based childcare services: A quasi experimental, effectiveness study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012; 9: 101
- Munch and Move: Evaluation of a preschool healthy eating and movement skill program.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2010; 7: 80
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Nutrition standards for school meals. http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/governance/legislation/nutritionstandards.htm. Accessed June 8, 2013.
- Existing policies, regulation, legislation and ongoing health promotion activities related to physical activity and nutrition in pre-primary education settings: An overview.Obes Rev. 2012; 13: 118-128
- Mothers' efforts to promote healthy nutrition and physical activity for their preschool children.J Pediatr Nurs. 2011; 26: 395-403
- Do school-based food and nutrition policies improve diet and reduce obesity?.Prev Med. 2009; 48: 45-53
- Identifying effective behavioural models and behaviour change strategies underpinning preschool- and school-based obesity prevention interventions aimed at 4-6-year-olds: A systematic review.Obes Rev. 2012; 13: 106-117
- Consistency of compliance with nutrition-related regulations among Delaware child care centers.Child Obes. 2013; 9: 233-239
- Nutrition and physical activity in child care centers: The impact of a wellness policy initiative on environment and policy assessment and observation outcomes, 2011.Prev Chronic Dis. 2013; 10: E83
- From policy to practice: Implementation of water policies in child care centers in Connecticut.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2013; 45: 119-125
- Nutrition and physical activity in child care: Results from an environmental intervention.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 352-356
South Carolina ABC Child Care Program. What is the ABC program? http://www.abcqualitycare.org/What_Is_ABC.pdf. Accessed June 8, 2013.
- Evaluating the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS): Assessing differences between the first and revised edition.Early Childhood Res Q. 2003; 18: 427-445
SC ABC Grow Healthy Program. Improving nutrition and physical activity standards in SC ABC child care centers. http://www.abcqualitycare.org/pages/grow_healthy. Accessed June 8, 2013.
USDA's Child and Adult Care Food Program. http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/care/cacfp/aboutcacfp.htm. Accessed June 11, 2013.
- Can low-income Americans afford a healthy diet?.Nutr Today. 2010; 44: 246-249
- Vegetable cost metrics show that potatoes and beans provide most nutrients per penny.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e63277
USDA Choose My Plate. Beans and peas are unique foods. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/vegetables-beans-peas.html. Accessed January 9, 2013.
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Vegetarian diets.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1266-1282
- Nutritional quality and acceptability of a weekly vegetarian lunch in primary-school canteens in Ghent, Belgium: ‘Thursday Veggie Day.’.Public Health Nutr. 2012; 15: 2326-2330
- Pureed cannellini beans can be substituted for shortening in brownies.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1295-1298
- Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Reference for Dietary Planning and Assessment.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2006
- Parker L. Burns A.C. Sanchez E. Local Government Actions to Prevent Childhood Obesity. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
- AHA Dietary Guidelines: Revision 2000: A Statement for healthcare professionals from the Nutrition Committee of the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2000; 102: 2284-2299
- Increasing variety of foods consumed by blending nonpreferred foods into preferred foods.J Appl Behav Anal. 2004; 37: 159-170
- The addition of a plain or herb-flavored reduced-fat dip is associated with improved preschoolers' intake of vegetables.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 1090-1095
- Classroom “cupcake” celebrations: Observations of foods offered and consumed.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012; 44: 71-75
- Calories in the classroom: Celebration foods offered and consumed during classroom parties at an elementary school in a low-income, urban community.Child Obes. 2012; 8: 378-383
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.