Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Tending your inner ecosystem.U.S. News & World Report. September 5, 2012; (Accessed January 25, 2013)
- A metagenome-wide association study of gut microbiota in type 2 diabetes.Nature. 2012; 490: 55-60
- The Human Microbiome Project: Getting to the guts of the matter in cancer epidemiology.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008; 17: 2523-2524
- National Institutes of Health. NIH News. NIH Launches Human Microbiome Project.Press release. December 19, 2007; (Accessed January 25, 2013)
- Metabolizable energy of diets low or high in dietary fiber from cereals when eaten by humans.J Nutr. 1988; 118: 945-952
- Energy-balance studies reveal associations between gut microbes, caloric load, and nutrient absorption in humans.Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 94: 58-65
- Gut microbiome–host interactions in health and disease.Genome Med. 2011; 4: 14
- Me, myself, us. Looking at human beings as ecosystems that contain many collaborating and competing species could change the practice of medicine.The Economist. August 18, 2012; (Accessed February 1, 2013)
- University of Maryland researchers identify gut bacteria associated with obesity and metabolic syndrome.Press release. August 15, 2012; (Accessed January 20, 2013)
This article was written by Tony Peregrin, editor and writer for a Chicago-based medical association and freelance writer in Chicago, IL.