Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- What's a pregnant woman to eat? A review of current USDA Dietary Guidelines and MyPyramid.J Perinat Educ. 2006; 15: 28-33
- Second trimester folate status and preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 1851-1857
- Diet quality and risk of neural tube defects.Med Hypotheses. 2003; 60: 351-355
- Associations of diet and physical activity during pregnancy with risk for excessive gestational weight gain.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 58.e1-58.e8
- Modifiable behavioral factors in a biopsychosocial model predict inadequate and excessive gestational weight gain.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 48-54
- Perceptions of low-income African-American mothers about excessive gestational weight gain.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 1837-1843
- Weight gain in pregnancy: Implications for maternal and child health.Ann Nestle. 2010; 68: 17-28
- Pregravid body mass index is negatively associated with diet quality during pregnancy.Public Health Nutr. 2007; 10: 920-926
- A decrease in diet quality occurs during pregnancy in overweight and obese women which is maintained post-partum.Int J Obes. 2013; 37: 704-711
- Healthy Eating Index during pregnancy according to pre-gravid and gravid weight status.Public Health Nutr. 2011; 14: 290-296
- Food choices of low-income women during pregnancy and postpartum.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 899-907
- First trimester predictors of diet and birth outcomes in low-income pregnant women.J Community Health Nurs. 2005; 22: 117-130
- Tracking of food choices across the transition to motherhood.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2005; 37: 129-136
- The web of risk factors for excessive gestational weight gain in low income women.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 344-351
- Weight, diet, and physical activity-related beliefs and practices among pregnant and postpartum Latino women: The role of social support.Matern Child Health J. 2006; 10: 95-104
- A qualitative study of factors affecting pregnancy weight gain in African American women.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 432-440
- Identifying healthy eating strategies in low-income pregnant women: Applying a positive deviance model.Health Care Women Int. 2005; 26: 807-820
- Gestational weight and dietary intake during pregnancy: Perspectives of African American women.Matern Child Health J. 2008; 12: 718-724
- Prevalence of obesity in the United States, 2009-2010. NCHS data brief, no. 82.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2012: 1-8
- How to conduct the study. Designing Qualitative Research.SAGE Publications, London, UK2006: 45-120
- Promoters and barriers to fruit, vegetable, and fast-food consumption among urban, low-income African Americans—A qualitative approach.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 631-635
- Contextual factors influencing the eating behaviours of African American women: A focus group investigation.Ethn Health. 2002; 7: 133-147
US Household Food Security Survey Module: Six-Item Short Form. Economic Research Service, US Department of Agriculture. http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/survey-tools.aspx#six. Updated July 2008. Accessed November 10, 2010.
- Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory.SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA1998
- Predictors of dietary quality in low-income pregnant women: A path analysis.Nurs Res. 2011; 60: 286-294
- The National WIC Evaluation: Evaluation of the Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children. V. Longitudinal study of pregnant women.Am J Clin Nutr. 1988; 48: 439-483
- Users’ guides to the medical literature: XXIII. Qualitative research in health care B. What are the results and how do they help me care for my patients? Evidence-Based Medicine Working Group.JAMA. 2000; 284: 478-482
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was supported by a grant from the US National Institutes of Health (K23 HL106231).