Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Achieving and retaining a diverse fire service workforce.Accessed March 10, 2011)
- Women's history month: March 2011.Accessed March 9, 2011)
- A national report card on women in firefighting.Accessed March 10, 2011)
- Missing persons: Minorities in the health professions.Accessed April 27, 2011)
- The rationale for diversity in the health professions: A review of the evidence.Accessed April 27, 2011)
- Diversity: Why we're not there yet. Associations Now.August 2007
- Association Forum Professional Practices: Achieving Diversity in Associations.Accessed March 31, 2011)
- Inside the AMA's GLBT Committee.in: Forum. 2010: 41-46
- Enhancing diversity and inclusion in membership associations: An interview study.Accessed March 10, 2011)
- Create diverse meetings for diverse members.in: Forum. 2011: 27-28
- Strategic planning essentials.in: Associations Now. January 2011: 59
- American Academy of Family Physicians.Accessed March 14, 2011)
- The power of positive deviance. Diversity Executive.in: 2011: 25-27
- 2008 Needs Assessment Survey.American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL2008
- Pipeline programs in the health professions, part 1: Preserving diversity and reducing health disparities.J Natl Med Assoc. 2009; 101: 836-847
- Ventures Scholars Program. About us.Accessed March 15, 2011)
- Respected Suffolk surgeon takes prestigious position.(HamptonRoads.com)Accessed September 29, 2010)
Statement of Potential Conflict of Interest: The author has no potential conflict of interest to disclose.
This article was written by Karen Stein, MFA, a freelance writer in Traverse City, MI, consultant editor for the Nutrition Care Manual, and a former editor at the Journal.
To take the Continuing Professional Education quiz for this article, log in to www.eatright.org, click the “myAcademy” link under your name at the top of the homepage, select “Journal Quiz” from the menu on your myAcademy page, click “Journal Article Quiz” on the next page, and then click the “Additional Journal CPE Articles” button to view a list of available quizzes, from which you may select the quiz for this article.