To err is human: Building a safer health system.
Crossing the quality chasm: A new health system for the 21st century.
Health professions education: A bridge to quality.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- To err is human: Building a safer health system.http://www.iom.edu/∼/media/Files/Report%20Files/1999/To-Err-is-Human/To%20Err%20is%20Human%201999%20%20report%20brief.pdf(Published November 1999. Accessed September 25, 2010)
- Crossing the quality chasm: A new health system for the 21st century.Published March 2001. Accessed September 25, 2010)
- Health professions education: A bridge to quality.Published April 2003. Accessed August 2, 2012)
- Nutrition informatics.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 134-139
- What is biomedical informatics?.J Biomed Inform. 2010; 43: 104-110
- ADA nutrition informatics member survey: Results and future steps.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1822-1826
- 2011 nutrition informatics member survey.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 360-367
- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC).Updated May 21, 2012. Accessed May 1, 2012)
- Future changes driving dietetics workforce supply and demand: Future scan 2012-2022.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: S10-S24
- Library and informatics skills competencies statements from major health professional associations.Med Ref Serv Q. 2012; 31: 34-44
- Dietetics career development guide.Accessed May 1, 2012)
- Informatics competencies for nurses at four levels of practice.J Nurs Educ. 2011; 40: 303-316
- A Delphi Study to determine informatics competencies for nurses at four levels of practice.Nurs Res. 2002; 51: 383-390
- Nursing informatics knowledge and competencies: A national survey of nursing education programs in the United States.Int J Med Inform. 2005; 74: 1021-1030
- Building health informatics skills for health professional: Results from the Australian Health Informatics Skill Needs Survey.Australian Health Rev. 2006; 30: 34-45
- Informatics competencies.in: Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice. American Nurses Association, Silver Spring, MD2008: 33-43
- Competencies for graduate curricula in health, medical and biomedical informatics: A framework.Health Inform J. 2007; 13: 89-103
- Pharmacy informatics syllabi in doctor of pharmacy program in the US.Am J Pharm Ed. 2008; 72: 89
- Prentice Hall, Saddle River, NJ2008: 4-48 Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals. 4th ed.
- Health information management and informatics core competencies for individuals working with electronic health records.(American Health Information Management Association website)Published October 2008. Accessed on May 1, 2012)
- Informatics competencies for nursing and healthcare leaders.MIA Annu Symp Proc. 2008; Nov 6; : 804-808
- A national Delphi to determine developmental progression of quality and safety competencies in nursing education.Nurs Outlook. 2009; 57: 313-322
- Competencies for public health informaticians.Accessed May 1, 2012)
- A Delphi study to determine baseline informatics competencies for nurse manager.Comput Inform Nurs. 2010; 28: 364-370
- Competencies for a well-trained biomedical and health informatics workforce.Methods Inf Med. 2010; 49: 297-298
- Health informatics competencies—Underpinning e-health.in: Hansen D.D. Maeder A.J. Schaper L.K. Health Informatics: The Transformative Power of Innovation. IOS Press, Amsterdam, NE2011: 73-81
- Nursing informatics competencies required of nurses in Taiwan.Int J Med Inform. 2011; 80: 332-340
- American Dietetic Association Revised 2008 Standards of Practice for Registered Dietitians in Nutrition Care; Standards of Professional Performance for Registered Dietitians; Standards of Practice for Dietetic Technicians, Registered, in Nutrition Care; and Standards of Professional Performance for Dietetic Technicians, Registered.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1538-1542
- The Delphi method: An experimental study of group opinion.(RAND Corporation website)Published June 1969. Accessed May 1, 2012)
- The Delphi methods as a research tool: An example, design considerations, and application.Inform Manage. 2004; 42: 15-29
- The Delphi method for graduate research.J Inform Tech Ed. 2007; 6: 1-21
- Compensation and benefits survey 2011: Moderate growth in registered dietitian and dietetic technician, registered, compensation in the past two years.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 29-40
- Identifying components of advanced-level clinical nutrition practice: A Delphi study.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 859-869
- AMIA 10×10 courses.Accessed on June 8, 2012)
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by the Laboratory for Informatics Development, National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center, NIH, Bethesda, MD.