Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Overestimation of infant and toddler energy intake by 24 hour recall compared with weighed food records.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 89: 928
- Issues in dietary assessment in children and adolescents.Br J Nutr. 2004; 92: S213-S222
- Nutritional Epidemiology.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1998
- A systematic review of the validity of dietary assessment methods in children when compared with the method of doubly labelled water.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1501-1510
- Energy intake by multiple pass 24h recall and total energy expenditure: A comparison in a representative sample of 3-4-year-olds.Br J Nutr. 2001; 86: 601-605
- Validation of estimates of energy intake by weighed dietary record and diet history in children and adolescents.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 56: 29-35
- Validation of food diary method for assessment of dietary energy and macronutrient intake in infants and children aged 6-24 months.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2001; 55: 124-129
- Comparison of energy intake by semiquantitative food-frequency questionnaire with total energy expenditure by the doubly labeled water method in young children.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 60: 43-47
- Reproducibility and comparative validity of a food frequency questionnaire for Australian children and adolescents.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2009; 6: 62
- Validation of food frequency questionnaire using red blood cell membrane fatty acids.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2012; 66: 825-829
- Validation of overweight children's fruit and vegetable intake using plasma carotenoids.Obesity. 2008; 17: 162-168
- Establishing a standard definition for child overweight and obesity worldwide: International survey.BMJ. 2000; 320: 1240-1243
- Total energy expenditure and energy intake in the pre-school child: A comparison.Br J Nutr. 1994; 72: 13-20
- Stable isotopic methods for measuring energy expenditure. The doubly-labelled-water (2H2(18)O) method: Principles and practice.Proc Nutr Society. 1988; 47: 209-218
- Reliability of the doubly labeled water method for the measurement of total daily energy expenditure in free-living subjects.J Nutr. 1996; 126: 348S-354S
- International Standards for Anthropometric Assessment.International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry, Potchefstroom, South Africa2006
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Principles of Nutritional Assessment.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2005
- Diet, Physical Activity, Environments and thier Relationship to the Emergence of Adolescent Overweight and Obesity in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales, Australia2005
- Within- and between- subject variation in energy expenditure measured by the doubly labelled water technique: Implications for validating reported dietary energy intake.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2000; 54: 386-394
- Underreporting of energy intake in Brazilian women varies according to dietary assessment: A cross-sectional study using doubly labeled water.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 2031-2040
- Feeding Infants and toddler study: Meal and snack intakes of hispanic and non hispanic infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S107-S123
- Feeding Infants and toddlers: Characteristics and usual nutrient intakes of hispanic and non hispanic infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S84-S95
Available online 11 January 2013
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was supported from a Hunter Children's Research Foundation and Hunter Medical Research Institute grant and researcher support from a National Health and Medical Research Council Career Development Fellowship.