Main outcome measures
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Health implications of dietary fiber.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1716-1731
- Fibre and satiety.Nutr Bull. 2007; 32: S32-S42
- Oligofructose promotes satiety in healthy human: A pilot study.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006; 60: 567-572
- No effect of added beta-glucan or of fructooligosaccharide on appetite or energy intake.Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 89: 58-63
- Weight loss during oligofructose supplementation is associated with decreased ghrelin and increased peptide YY in overweight and obese adults.Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 89: 1751-1759
- Effects of short-chain fructooligosaccharides on satiety responses in healthy men and women.Appetite. 2011; 56: 128-134
- Greater satiety response with resistant starch and corn bran in human subjects.Nutr Res. 2009; 29: 100-105
- Soluble fiber dextrin enhances the satiating power of beverages.Appetite. 2011; 56: 9-14
- Feasibility of measuring gastric emptying time, with a wireless motility device, after subjects consume fiber-matched liquid and solid breakfasts.Appetite. 2011; 57: 38-44
- Reproducibility, power and validity of visual analogue scales in assessment of appetite sensations in single test meal studies.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24: 38-48
- The three-factor eating questionnaire to measure dietary restraint, disinhibition and hunger.J Psychosom Res. 1985; 29: 71-83
- The Creation and Testing of a Scale to Measure the Subjective Experiences of Hunger and Satiety [dissertation].University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN2011
- Dietary fiber and weight regulation.Nutr Rev. 2001; 59: 129-139
- Fate of fructo-oligosaccharides in the human intestine.Br J Nutr. 1996; 76: 211-221
- Fermentable and nonfermentable fiber supplements did not alter hunger, satiety or body weight in a pilot study of men and women consuming self-selected diets.J Nutr. 2003; 133: 3141-3144
- Appetite control: Methodological aspects of the evaluation of foods.Obes Rev. 2010; 11: 251-270
- Fibre in beverages can enhance perceived satiety.Eur J Nutr. 2009; 48: 251-258
- Beverage viscosity is inversely related to postprandial hunger in humans.Physiol Behav. 2001; 74: 551-557
- Sex-based differences in the behavioral and neuronal responses to food.Physiol Behav. 2010; 99: 538-543
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This research was supported by the Kellogg Corporate Citizen's Fund, the Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station, and the Sensory Center at the University of Minnesota.