Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Vegetarian diets.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1266-1282
- Mortality in vegetarians and nonvegetarians: Detailed findings from a collaborative analysis of 5 prospective studies.Am J Clin Nutr. 1999; 70: 516S-524S
- Vegetarianism in young women: Another means of weight control?.Int J Eat Disord. 1999; 26: 87-90
- Vegetarianism and eating-disordered thinking.Eat Disord: J Treat Prevent. 2000; 8: 157-165
- An integrative quantitative model of factors influencing the course of anorexia nervosa over time.Int J Eat Disord. 2009; 42: 306-317
- How do eating disorder patients eat after treatment?.Eat Weight Disord. 2011; 16: e1-e8
- Some correlates of vegetarianism in anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 1986; 5: 539-544
- Vegetarianism in anorexia nervosa?.Med J Australia. 1987; 147: 540-542
- Characteristics of vegetarian adolescents in a multiethnic urban population.J Adolescent Health. 2001; 29: 406-416
- Vegetarian students in their first year of college: Are they at risk for restrictive or disordered eating behaviors?.Coll Student J. 2008; 42: 340-347
- Zinc status and meat avoidance in anorexia nervosa.Int J Adolescent Med Health. 2001; 13: 317-326
- Self-reported vegetarianism may be a marker for college women at risk for disordered eating.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 745-747
- Defining recovery from an eating disorder: Conceptualization, validation, and examination of psychosocial functioning and psychiatric comorbidity.Behav Res Ther. 2010; 48: 194-202
- Duration of illness predicts outcome for bulimia nervosa: A long-term follow-up study.Int J Eat Disord. 2000; 27: 428-434
- Structured Clinical Interview for the DSM-IV Axis I Disorders—Patient Edition (SCID-I/P, version 2).New York State Psychiatric Institute, Biometrics Research Department, New York, NY1995
- Vegetarianism, dietary restraint and feminist identity.Eat Behav. 2006; 7: 91-104
- Assessment of eating disorders: Interview or self-report questionnaire?.Int J Eat Disord. 1994; 16: 363-370
- Patterns and predictors of recovery in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1993; 32: 835-842
- Vegetarianism and eating disorders—Partners in crime?.Eur Eat Disord Rev. 2000; 8: 263-266
- Dietary zinc intake of vegetarian and nonvegetarian patients with anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 1993; 13: 229-233
FUNDING/SUPPORT This research was supported in part by the following grants: National Institutes of Health 1 R03MH074861-01A1; University of Missouri PRIME Grant; and University of Missouri Research Council Grant.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.