Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The unique authority of state and local health departments to address obesity.Am J Public Health. 2011; 101: 1192-1197
- Legal and public health considerations affecting the success, reach, and impact of menu-labeling laws.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1578-1583
- Fast-food consumption and obesity among Michigan adults.Prev Chronic Dis. 2011; 8: A71
- Fast food restaurant use among women in the Pound of Prevention study: Dietary, behavioral and demographic correlates.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24: 1353-1359
- Fast-food habits, weight gain, and insulin resistance (the CARDIA study): 15-year prospective analysis.Lancet. 2005; 365: 36-42
- Fast food consumption of US adults: Impact on energy and nutrient intakes and overweight status.J Am Coll Nutr. 2004; 23: 163-168
- Young adults and eating away from home: Associations with dietary intake patterns and weight status differ by choice of restaurant.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1696-1703
- Effects of fast-food consumption on energy intake and diet quality among children in a national household survey.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 112-118
- Increased portion size leads to a sustained increase in energy intake over 4 d in normal-weight and overweight men and women.Br J Nutr. 2009; 102: 470-477
- Increased portion size leads to increased energy intake in a restaurant meal.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 562-568
- Food portion patterns and trends among U.S. children and the relationship to total eating occasion size, 1977-2006.J Nutr. 2011; 141: 1159-1164
- Larger portion sizes lead to a sustained increase in energy intake over 2 days.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 543-549
- Purchasing behavior and calorie information at fast-food chains in New York City, 2007.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1457-1459
- Fast food, race/ethnicity, and income.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 211-217
- Menu labeling as a potential strategy for combating the obesity epidemic: A health impact assessment.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 1680-1686
- Rationale and evidence for menu-labeling legislation.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 546-551
- Availability of point-of-purchase nutrition information at a fast-food restaurant.Prev Med. 2006; 43: 458-459
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. 119 through 124 Stat 111-148.
- Using nutrition labeling as a potential tool for changing eating habits of university dining hall patrons.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 2071-2076
- Does calorie information promote lower calorie fast food choices among college students?.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 44: 84-86
- Effects of calorie labeling and value size pricing on fast food meal choices: Results from an experimental trial.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 63
- Effect of point-of-purchase calorie labeling on restaurant and cafeteria food choices: A review of the literature.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 51
- An observational study of consumer use of fast-food restaurant drive-through lanes: Implications for menu labeling policy.Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13: 1826-1828
- Consumer purchasing patterns in response to calorie labeling legislation in New York City.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2011; 8: 51
- The impact of menu labeling on fast-food purchases for children and parents.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 41: 434-438
- Regulation relating to the protection of the public health through the nutrition information disclosure of food.(Accessed October 25, 2011)http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/BOH/∼/media/health/publichealth/documents/boh/reg1002.ashx
- Nutrition and Your Health: Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005.US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2005
- Adolescent calorie/fat menu ordering at fast food restaurants compared to other restaurants.Hawaii Med J. 2006; 65: 231-236
FUNDING/SUPPORT This project was supported by grant nos. 67291 and 65233 from Healthy Eating Research program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.