Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The unique authority of state and local health departments to address obesity.Am J Public Health. 2011; 101: 1192-1197
- Legal and public health considerations affecting the success, reach, and impact of menu-labeling laws.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1578-1583
- Fast-food consumption and obesity among Michigan adults.Prev Chronic Dis. 2011; 8: A71
- Fast food restaurant use among women in the Pound of Prevention study: Dietary, behavioral and demographic correlates.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24: 1353-1359
- Fast-food habits, weight gain, and insulin resistance (the CARDIA study): 15-year prospective analysis.Lancet. 2005; 365: 36-42
- Fast food consumption of US adults: Impact on energy and nutrient intakes and overweight status.J Am Coll Nutr. 2004; 23: 163-168
- Young adults and eating away from home: Associations with dietary intake patterns and weight status differ by choice of restaurant.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1696-1703
- Effects of fast-food consumption on energy intake and diet quality among children in a national household survey.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 112-118
- Increased portion size leads to a sustained increase in energy intake over 4 d in normal-weight and overweight men and women.Br J Nutr. 2009; 102: 470-477
- Increased portion size leads to increased energy intake in a restaurant meal.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 562-568
- Food portion patterns and trends among U.S. children and the relationship to total eating occasion size, 1977-2006.J Nutr. 2011; 141: 1159-1164
- Larger portion sizes lead to a sustained increase in energy intake over 2 days.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 543-549
- Purchasing behavior and calorie information at fast-food chains in New York City, 2007.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1457-1459
- Fast food, race/ethnicity, and income.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 211-217
- Menu labeling as a potential strategy for combating the obesity epidemic: A health impact assessment.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 1680-1686
- Rationale and evidence for menu-labeling legislation.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 546-551
- Availability of point-of-purchase nutrition information at a fast-food restaurant.Prev Med. 2006; 43: 458-459
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. 119 through 124 Stat 111-148.
- Using nutrition labeling as a potential tool for changing eating habits of university dining hall patrons.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 2071-2076
- Does calorie information promote lower calorie fast food choices among college students?.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 44: 84-86
- Effects of calorie labeling and value size pricing on fast food meal choices: Results from an experimental trial.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 63
- Effect of point-of-purchase calorie labeling on restaurant and cafeteria food choices: A review of the literature.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 51
- An observational study of consumer use of fast-food restaurant drive-through lanes: Implications for menu labeling policy.Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13: 1826-1828
- Consumer purchasing patterns in response to calorie labeling legislation in New York City.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2011; 8: 51
- The impact of menu labeling on fast-food purchases for children and parents.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 41: 434-438
- Regulation relating to the protection of the public health through the nutrition information disclosure of food.(Accessed October 25, 2011)http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/BOH/∼/media/health/publichealth/documents/boh/reg1002.ashx
- Nutrition and Your Health: Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005.US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2005
- Adolescent calorie/fat menu ordering at fast food restaurants compared to other restaurants.Hawaii Med J. 2006; 65: 231-236
FUNDING/SUPPORT This project was supported by grant nos. 67291 and 65233 from Healthy Eating Research program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation .
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.