Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Population profile of the United States: Dynamic version.(US Census Bureau Web site)Accessed February 22, 2012)
- The Nutrition Transition: Diet and Disease in the Developing World.in: Academic Press, Elsevier Science Ltd, Amsterdam, The Netherlands2002: 1-6
- Country of birth, acculturation status and abdominal obesity in a national sample of Mexican-American women and men.Int J Epidemiol. 2000; 29: 470-477
- Immigration and obesity among lower income blacks.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007; 15: 1391-1394
- Data derived from Population Estimates, Census of Population and Housing, Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates, State and County Housing Unit Estimates, County Business Patterns, Nonemployer Statistics, Economic Census, Survey of Business Owners, Building Permits, Consolidated Federal Funds Report Last Revised: Friday, 03-Jun-2011 15:23:14 EDT.(US Census Bureau: State and County QuickFacts Web site)Accessed March 16, 2012.)
- Work, Weight, and Wellness: The 3W Program: A worksite obesity prevention and intervention trial.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007; 15: 16S-26S
- Associations of acculturation and socioeconomic status with subclinical cardiovascular disease in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1963-1970
- US acculturation, food intake, and obesity among Asian-Pacific hotel workers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1712-1718
- Design characteristics of worksite environmental interventions for obesity prevention.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007; 15: 2171-2180
- Development of a short dietary intake questionnaire for the quantitative estimation of adherence to a cardioprotective Mediterranean diet.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2004; 58: 1550-1552
- Evaluation of a brief telephone questionnaire to estimate fruit and vegetable consumption in diverse study populations.Epidemiology. 1993; 4: 455-463
- A rapid food screener to assess fat and fruit and vegetable intake.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 284-288
- A simple method to assess exercise behavior in the community.Can J Appl Sport Sci. 1985; 10: 141-146
- Dietary energy density is associated with overweight status among 5 ethnic groups in the multiethnic cohort study.J Nutr. 2006; 136: 2243-2248
- Decision-making style: The development and assessment of a new measure.Educational and Psychological Measurement. 1995; 55: 818-831
- Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis: Modelling Change and Event Occurrence.Oxford University Press, New York, NY2003
- Global recommendations on physical activity for health: 18-64 years old.(World Health Organization Web site)Accessed February 22, 2012)
- The Food Guide Pyramid 1992.(US Department of Agriculture Web site)Accessed February 22, 2012)
- A systematic review of waist-to-height ratio as a screening tool for the prediction of cardiovascular disease and diabetes: 0-5 could be a suitable global boundary value.Nutr Res Rev. 2010; 23: 247-269
- Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity and the Prevention of Cancer: A Global Perspective.World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research, Washington, DC2010
- Immigrant obesity and unhealthy assimilation: Alternative estimates of convergence or divergence, 1995-2005.Soc Sci Med. 2009; 69: 1625-1633
- Asian Americans and obesity in California: A protective effect of biculturalism.J Immigr Minor Health. 2011; 13: 276-283
- Acculturation does not necessarily lead to increase in physical activity during leisure time: A cross-sectional study among Turkish young people in the Netherlands.BMC Public Health. 2007; 7: 230
- Physical activity in culturally and linguistically diverse migrant groups to Western society: A review of barriers, enablers and experiences.Sports Med. 2009; 39: 167-177
- Physical activity in relation to long-term weight maintenance after intentional weight loss in premenopausal women.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009; 18: 167-174
Hutchinson AD, Wilson C. Improving nutrition and physical activity in the workplace: A meta-analysis of intervention studies [published online ahead of print July 6, 2011]. Health Promot Int. doi:10.1093/heapro/dar035.
- The role of acculturation in nutrition, lifestyle, and incidence of type 2 diabetes among Latinos.J Nutr. 2007; 137: 860-870
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This project was supported by funds from National Institutes of Health/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute grant no. NIH/NHLBI 5-R01 HL079505.