Main outcome measure
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Trends in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participation rates: 2001-2008.(Mathematica Policy Research Web site)Accessed April 28, 2011)
- A systematic review of food deserts, 1966-2007.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6 (A105–A105)
- The Public Health Effects of Food Deserts: Workshop Summary.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
- Disparities and access to healthy food in the United States: A review of food deserts literature.Health Place. 2010; 16: 876-884
- Creating healthy food and eating environments: Policy and environmental approaches.Annu Rev Public Health. 2008; 29: 253-272
- Healthy food, healthy communities.(PolicyLink Web site)Accessed December 30, 2011)
- Reducing childhood obesity through policy change: Acting now to prevent obesity.Health Aff. 2010; 29: 357-363
- Benefit Redemption Division 2007 annual report.(US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Food Stamp Program Web site)Accessed September 1, 2011)
- Benefit Redemption Division 2010 annual report.(US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Web site)Accessed September 1, 2011)
- Real food, real choice: Connecting SNAP recipients with farmers markets.(Community Food Security Coalition Web site)Accessed January 17, 2011)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) at farmers markets: A how-to handbook.(US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service Web site)Accessed December 30, 2011)
- Strategic plan FY 2010-2015.(US Department of Agriculture, Office of the Chief Financial Officer Web site)Accessed December 30, 2011)
- Farmers market promotion program.(US Department of Agriculture Web site)http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/ams.fetchTemplateData.do?template=TemplateN&navID=WholesaleandFarmersMarkets&leftNav=WholesaleandFarmersMarkets&page=FMPP&description=Farmers%20Market%20Promotion%20Program&acct=fmpp(Accessed April 28, 2011)
- Wireless EBT project.(Iowa Department of Human Services Web site)Accessed April 28, 2011)
- Iowa Department of Human Services Web site)Accessed April 28, 2011) (
- Econometric Analysis. Vol 5. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ2003
- Increasing access: The Clark Park farmers' market SNAP/Food Stamps pilot program.(The Food Trust Wrb site)Accessed November 2, 2010)
Available online 15 March 2012.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health & Society Scholars program at the University of Pennsylvania.