Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- IARC Handbooks of Cancer Prevention: Fruits and Vegetables. Vol. 8. IARC Press, Lyon, France2003
- Fruit and vegetable intake and risk of major chronic disease.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96: 1577-1584
- What can intervention studies tell us about the relationship between fruit and vegetable consumption and weight management?.Nutr Rev. 2004; 62: 1-17
- National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives.US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC1991 (DHHS publication (PHS)91-50213)
- Dietary behavior change: The challenge of recasting the role of fruit and vegetables in the American diet.Am J Clin Nutr. 1995; 61: 1397S-1401S
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Web site)Updated November 14, 2011. Accessed March 2, 2011) (
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005.(Dietary Guidelines Web site)Updated October 21, 2011. Accessed August 30, 2011)
- Dietary guidelines for Americans, 2010.(Dietary Guidelines Web site)Updated October 21, 2011. Accessed February 21, 2011)
- Special Report: On the Definition of Response Rates.CASRO, Port Jefferson, NY1982
- Food frequency questionnaire (FFQ).(Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Nutrition Assessment Web site)Accessed June 19, 2011)
- Technical documentation-GSEL.(Nutrition Assessment Web site)Accessed June 19, 2011)
- BRFSS annual survey data and documentation.(Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Annual Survey Data Web site)Updated May 16, 2011. Accessed January 19, 2010)
- 1990 guidelines.(Dietary Guidelines Web site)Updated October 21, 2011. Accessed February 21, 2011)
- 2007 American community survey 1-year estimates public use microdata sample.(American Community Survey Web site)http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/DatasetMainPageServlet?_program=ACS&_submenuId=datasets_2&_lang=enUpdated(Accessed October 21, 2008)
- Fruit and vegetable consumption among adults—United States, 2005.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56: 213-217
- State-specific trends in fruit and vegetable consumption among adults—United States, 2000-2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1125-1130
- Environmental determinants of fruit and vegetable consumption among adults: A systematic review.Br J Nutr. 2006; 96: 620-635
- Dietary assessment methodology.(National Cancer Institute Risk Factor Monitoring and Methods Assessing Dietary Intake Web site)Updated September 29, 2011. Accessed August 23, 2011)
- Effects of social approval bias on self-reported fruit and vegetable consumption: A randomized controlled trial.Nutr J. 2008; 7: 18
- The impact of nonresponse rates on nonresponse bias.Public Opin Q. 2008; 72: 167-189
- Nonresponse rates and nonresponse bias in household surveys.Public Opin Q. 2006; 70: 646-675
- Gauging the impact of growing nonresponse on estimates from a national RDD telephone survey.Public Opin Q. 2006; 70: 759-779
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Contract No. U50/CCU021339-05 and the Washington State Department of Health. The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.