Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Does positive affect influence health?.Psychol Bull. 2005; 131: 925-971
- The heart's content: The association between positive psychological well-being and cardiovascular health.Psychol Bull. 2012; 138: 655-691
- Positive psychological well-being and mortality: A quantitative review of prospective observational studies.Psychosom Med. 2008; 70: 741-756
- Distinctive biological correlates of positive psychological well-being in older men and women.Psychosom Med. 2012; 74: 501-508
- Optimistic expectancies and cell-mediated immunity: The role of positive affect.Psychol Sci. 2010; 21: 448-455
- Positive affect and psychobiological processes relevant to health.J Pers. 2009; 77: 1747-1776
- Emotional vitality and incident coronary heart disease: Benefits of healthy psychological functioning.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2007; 64: 1393-1401
- A gender-based dynamic multidimensional longitudinal analysis of resilience and mortality in the old-old in Israel: The cross-sectional and longitudinal aging study (CALAS).Soc Sci Med. 2005; 60: 1705-1715
- Optimism in relation to inflammation and endothelial dysfunction in older men: The VA Normative Aging Study.Psychosom Med. 2011; 73: 664-671
- Association of optimism and pessimism with inflammation and hemostasis in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).Psychosom Med. 2010; 72: 134-140
- Dispositional optimism and the risk of cardiovascular death: The Zutphen Elderly Study.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 431-436
- Optimism, cynical hostility, and incident coronary heart disease and mortality in the Women's Health Initiative.Circulation. 2009; 120: 656-662
- Distinguishing optimism from neuroticism (and trait anxiety, self-mastery, and self-esteem): A reevaluation of the Life Orientation Test.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1994; 67: 1063-1078
Progovac A, Chang YF, Matthews K, et al. Psychological attitudes predict smoking cessation over time in the Women's Health Initiative (WHI). Abstract #POS4-16. Presented at Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco International Meeting, Boston, MA, March 13-16, 2013.
- Optimism, response to treatment of depression, and rehospitalization after coronary artery bypass graft surgery.Psychosom Med. 2012; 74: 200-207
- Predictors of dietary change and maintenance in the Women's Health Initiative Dietary Modification Trial.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 1155-1166
- Association between optimism and serum antioxidants in the midlife in the United States study.Psychosom Med. 2013; 75: 2-10
- The Women's Health Initiative Dietary Modification trial: Overview and baseline characteristics of participants.Ann Epidemiol. 2003; 13: S87-S97
- Self-regulation processes and health: The importance of optimism and goal adjustment.J Pers. 2006; 74: 1721-1747
- The Women's Health Initiative recruitment methods and results.Ann Epidemiol. 2003; 13: S18-S77
- Measurement characteristics of the Women's Health Initiative food frequency questionnaire.Ann Epidemiol. 1999; 9: 178-187
- Sources of data for developing and maintaining a nutrient database.J Am Diet Assoc. 1988; 88: 1268-1271
- Alternative dietary indices both strongly predict risk of chronic disease.J Nutr. 2012; 142: 1009-1018
- Diet quality and major chronic disease risk in men and women: Moving toward improved dietary guidance.Am J Clin Nutr. 2002; 76: 1261-1271
- Evaluating adherence to recommended diets in adults: The Alternate Healthy Eating Index.Public Health Nutr. 2006; 9: 152-157
- Diet quality and the risk of cardiovascular disease: The Women's Health Initiative (WHI).Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 94: 49-57
- A prospective study of overall diet quality and risk of type 2 diabetes in women.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 1753-1757
- Health behaviors.in: Koenig H. King D. Carson V.B. Handbook of Religion and Health. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2012: 538-539
- Changes in nutrient intake and dietary quality among participants with type 2 diabetes following a low-fat vegan diet or a conventional diabetes diet for 22 weeks.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1636-1645
- School-based prevention of depressive symptoms: A randomized controlled study of the effectiveness and specificity of the Penn Resiliency Program.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2007; 75: 9-19
- A longitudinal experimental study comparing the effectiveness of happiness-enhancing strategies in Anglo Americans and Asian Americans.Cogn Emot. 2011; 25: 1263-1272
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT The WHI program is funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; National Institutes of Health; and US Department of Health and Human Services through contracts HHSN268201100046C, HHSN268201100001C, HHSN268201100002C, HHSN268201100003C, HHSN268201100004C, and HHSN271201100004C.