Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- A national approach to restaurant menu labeling: The Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act, Section 4205.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1280-1289
- An observational study of consumers' accessing of nutrition information in chain restaurants [abstract].Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 820-821
- Menu labeling: Does providing nutrition information at the point of purchase affect consumer behavior?.Accessed August 29, 2010)
- Calorie data to be posted at most chains.New York Times. March 23, 2010Accessed September 30, 2010)
- Attacking the obesity epidemic: The potential health benefits of providing nutrition information in restaurants.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 1669-1675
- The biasing health halos of fast-food restaurant health claims: Lower calorie estimates and high side dish consumption intentions.J Consumer Res. 2007; 34 (Accessed August 31, 2010): 301-314
- Low-calorie cheesecake?.Why we have trouble estimating calories. September 22, 2010Accessed September 30, 2010)
- Health care reform in action—Calorie labeling goes national.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 2343-2345
- Next on the menu: Labeling law could mean new career opportunities for RDs.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1144-1147
- Draft Guidance for Industry: Questions and Answers Regarding Implementation of the Menu Labeling Provisions of Section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodLabelingNutrition/ucm223266.htm(Accessed August 25, 2010)
- Fast food: Would you like 1,000 calories with that?.Time. June 29, 2009Accessed October 5, 2010)
- Serving up smaller restaurant portions: Will consumers bite?.Knowledge Wharton. May 16, 2007Accessed August 31, 2010)
- Menu Labeling in Chain Restaurants: Opportunities for Public Policy. 2008http://www.yaleruddcenter.org/resources/upload/docs/what/reports/RuddMenuLabelingReport2008.pdfDate: 2010
This article was written by Karen Stein, MFA, a freelance writer in Traverse City, MI, consultant editor for the Nutrition Care Manual, and a former editor at the Journal.