Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
American Dietetic Association. International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology (IDNT) Reference Manual. 2nd ed. Chicago, IL: American Dietetic Association; 2009.
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. The National Academies Press Web site.Published March 2001. Accessed May 5, 2009)
- Orientation to nutrition care process standards improves nutrition care documentation by nutrition practitioners.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1582-1589
- Nutrition care process and model part I: The 2008 update.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1113-1117
- Nutrition care process part II: Using the International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology to document the nutrition care process.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1287-1293
American Dietetic Association. Nutrition Diagnosis: A Critical Step in the Nutrition Care Process. Chicago, IL: American Dietetic Association; 2006.
American Dietetic Association. Nutrition Diagnosis and Intervention: Standardized Language for the Nutrition Care Process. Chicago, IL: American Dietetic Association; 2007.
American Dietetic Association. International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology (IDNT) Reference Manual. 1st ed. Chicago, IL: American Dietetic Association; 2008.
- A dialectic on validity: Where we have been and where we are going.J Gen Psychol. 1996; 123: 207-215
- Content validity in psychological assessment; a functional approach to concepts and methods.Psychological Assessment. 1995; 7: 238-247
- Content validation of nutrition diagnosis.Top Clin Nutr. 2008; 23: 306-319
- Reliability of nutrition diagnostic labels when used by registered dietitians at three levels of practice.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: A12
- Strategies for Theory Construction in Nursing.3rd ed. Appleton and Lange, Norwalk, CT1995
- Concept analysis: An evolutionary view.in: Rodgers B.L. Knafl K.A. Concept Development in Nursing: Foundations, Techniques, and Applications.2nd ed. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA2000: 77-102
- The need for operational definitions for defining characteristics.Nurs Diagn. 1991; 2: 181-185
- Processes and methodologies for research validation of nursing diagnoses.Nurs Diagn. 1999; 10: 5-14
Hoskins LM. How to do a validation study. In: Rantz M, Lemone P, eds. Classification of Nursing Diagnoses: Proceedings of the Twelfth Conference. Glendale, CA: CINAHL1997:79-86.
- From Novice to Expert.Adison-Wesley, Menlo Park, CA1984
- The Fehring model.in: Carroll-Johnson R.M. Classification of Nursing Diagnoses: Proceedings of the Tenth Conference. Lippincott, Philadelphia, PA1994: 55-62
- A validation study of the nursing diagnosis anxiety in Brazil.In J Nurs Terminol Classif. 2008; 19: 102-110
- Content validation of parental role conflict in the neonatal intensive care unit.In J Nurs Terminol Classif. 2006; 17: 3-9
- Fall 2009 mega issues: Evidence-based practice and health reform. American Dietetic Association Web site.Accessed August 27, 2009)
- A standardized nutrition care process and language are essential components of a conceptual model to guide and document nutrition care and patient outcomes.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 1878-1884
- Is nutrition diagnosing a critical step in the nutrition care process?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 427-431
- ADA nutrition informatics member survey: Results and future steps.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1822-1826
This article was written by Paula Ritter-Gooder, PhD, RD, LMNT, research assistant, and Nancy M. Lewis, PhD, RD, FADA, professor, Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.