- Alexander G.R.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Cultural competence models in nursing.Crit Care Nurs Clin N Am. 2008; 20: 415-421
- From the Field: Cultural competence and health care disparities: Key perspectives and trends.Health Aff. 2005; 24: 499-505
- Is evidence-based medicine patient-centered and is patient-centered care evidence-based?.Health Serv Res. 2006; 41: 1-8
- Anthropology in the clinic: The problem of cultural competency and how to fix it.PLoS Med. 2006; 3 (PLoS Medicine Web site. Accessed September 27, 2009): e294
- Cultural competency: Where it is and where it's headed.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 388-394
- The Purnell Model for Cultural Competence.J Transcult Nurs. 2002; 13: 193-196
- Using cultural competence constructs to understand food practices and provide diabetes care and education.Diabetes Spectrum. 2009; 22 (Diabetes Spectrum Web site. Accessed October 5, 2009): 43-47
- N.J. mandates cultural competency training. June 1, 2005.(MeetingsNet Web site)Accessed May 5, 2009)
- Don't despair over disparities.(American Enterprise Institute Web site)Accessed September 27, 2009)
- Taking Cultural Competency from Theory to Action.The Commonwealth Fund, New York, NY2006The Commonwealth Fund Web site. Accessed September 30, 2009)
- Hospitals, Language, and Culture: A Snapshot of the Nation: Exploring Cultural and Linguistic Services in the Nation's Hospitals: A Report of Findings.(The Joint Commission Web site)Accessed April 11, 2009)
- Navigating cultural competency: In preparation for an expected standard in 2010.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1676-1688
- Communication is the heart of the patient-provider relationship.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 508-512
- Crossroads of nutrition and culture: Best culturally competent communication tools.NewsFlash. 2009; 30: 16-17
- Cultural competency: Cross-cultural communication.Accessed October 5, 2009)
- A teaching framework for cross-cultural competence: Application in family practice.West J Med. 1983; 139: 934-938
Campa D. Practical things that can be done in the 15-minute office visit. Paper presented at: California HealthCare Foundation's Chronic Disease Care: Better Ideas for Solving Real World Problems Conference; November 3, 2005; San Francisco, CA.
- Anxiety and depression in medicine: Models and measurement.Acta Med Port. 2009; 22 ([abstract]): 89-98
This article was written by Karen Stein, MFA, a freelance writer in Querétaro, México. Stein is a former editor of the Journal and has also taught English and composition at the academic level. She currently runs a center for teaching English in México.