“Pregorexia” inspired by thin celebs CBS News Web site.
- Fiore M.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- “Pregorexia” inspired by thin celebs.Published August 11, 2008. Accessed March 18, 2009)
- Pregorexic: Are some pregnant woment putting their fetuses at risk. FOX News Web site.Published August 5, 2008. Accessed March 18, 2009)
- The perfect little bump.Published September 20, 2004. Accessed March 18, 2009)
- What is diabulimia?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 769-770
- What is orthorexia?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1510-1512
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Nutrition and lifestyle for a healthy pregnancy outcome.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 553-561
- The Dutch famine and its long-term consequences for adult health.Early Hum Dev. 2006; 82: 485-491
- Low birth weight in combination with catch-up growth predicts the occurrence of the metabolic syndrome in men in late middle age: The Atherosclerosis and Insulin Resistance study.J Intern Med. 2004; 256: 254-259
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee Opinion number 315.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 671-675
- Influence of Pregnancy Weight on Maternal and Child Health: Workshop Report.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2007
- Nutrition During Pregnancy: Part 1: Weight Gain.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC1990
- Reexamination of IOM pregnancy weight guidelines.Accessed March 18, 2009)
- Gestational weight gain and pregnancy outcomes in obese women: How much is enough?.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 752-758
- Evaluation of gestational weight gain guidelines for women with normal prepregnancy body mass index.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 745-751
- Excess gestational weight gain: Modifying fetal macrosomia risk associated with maternal glucose.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 1007-1014
- A delicate weight balance for a delicate condition.ADA Times. 2009; 10: 10
- MyPyramid for pregnancy & breastfeeding.Accessed March 18, 2009)
- Pregnancy: Outcome and impact on symptomatology in a cohort of eating-disordered women.Int J Eat Disord. 2000; 27: 140-149
- The impact of pregnancy on anorexia and bulimia.Int J Eat Disord. 1989; 8: 285-295
- Fetal origins of coronary heart disease.BMJ. 1995; 311: 171-174
- Gestational weight gain and pregnancy outcomes in obese women; how much is enough?.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 752-758
- Gestational weight gain and child adiposity at age 3 years.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196 (http://www.ajog.org/article/PIIS0002937806023994/fulltext. Accessed April 1, 2009): 322.e1-322.e8
- Maternal gestational weight gain and offspring weight in adolescence.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 999-1006
- A maternal “junk food” diet in pregnancy and lactation promotes an exacerbated taste for “junk food” and a greater propensity for obesity in rat offspring.Br J Nutr. 2007; 98: 843-851
This article was written by Jennifer Mathieu, a freelance writer in Houston, TX. Mathieu is a former editorial assistant for the Journal and has journalism degree from Northwestern University. Mathieu's writing has appeared in The Washington Post, Houston Chronicle, Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, and several other publications. While reporting for the Houston Press, she received awards from the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies, the Dallas Press Club, the State Bar of Texas, and the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.