Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition care process and model: What is your vision for the future of dietetics?.(American Dietetic Association Web site)Accessed April 25, 2008)
- 2006 Hospital Accreditation Standards.Joint Commission Resources, Oakbrook Terrace, IL2006
Telehealth. American Dietetic Association Web site. http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/nutrition_10950_ENU_HTML.htm. Accessed April 25, 2008.
Ala Code §34-34-2; 34-34A-5 (1975).
Cal Bus Prof Code §2586.
Tenn Code Anno §63-25-105.
West's FSA §468.516(1)(a).
Mass Reg Code 268 §5.03.
Ill Comp Stat 225 §30/10.
Ind Code §25-14.5-1-10.
Maine Rev Stat Anno 104, §9915.
S Car Code Anno §40-20-20.
Conn Gen Stat Anno §20-206q.
Medicare Benefits Improvement and Protection Act (HR 5661; Pub L No. 106-558). Sec. 105. Coverage of Medical Nutrition Therapy Services for Beneficiaries with Diabetes or a Renal Disease.
- Evidence-based hospital referral.(Academy Health Web site)Accessed May 7, 2008)
- Family physicians' referral decisions.J Fam Pract. 2002; 51: 215-222
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2001
- Reducing waits and delays in the referral process.(American Academy of Family Physicians Web site)Accessed May 1, 2008)
- Interventions to improve outpatient referrals from primary care to secondary care.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005; (CD005471)
- Do clinical guidelines improve general practice management and referral of infertile couples?.BMJ. 1993; 306: 1728-1731
- One-time physical therapist consultation in primary health care.Phys Ther. 2003; 83: 918-931
- Inpatient management of diabetes and hyperglycemia: Implications for nutrition practice and the food and nutrition professional.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 105-111
- Use of technology to track program outcomes in a diabetes self-management program.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1933-1938
- Using initiative to achieve autonomy: A model for advanced practice in medical nutrition therapy.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1219-1225
- Disorders of Lipid Metabolism Toolkit.American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL2006
- Protecting the privacy of patients' health information.(US Department of Health and Human Services Web site)Accessed May 7, 2007)
K. Kren is manager, Governance, and P. Michael is director, Nutrition Services Coverage Team, both at the American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL.
E. Q. Johnson is with EQJ Associates, Medical Nutrition Therapy Diabetes & Disease Management Services, Omaha, NE.
C. Thiessen is manager, Clinical Nutrition, Nebraska Western Iowa Healthcare System, US Department of Veteran's Affairs, Omaha, NE.
J. C. Busey is general counsel of the American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL.