Journal CPE has gone paperless! Beginning with the January 2008 Journal, Continuing Professional Education (CPE) quizzes have been available to ADA members electronically through ADA's Online Business Center. The quizzes will be scored instantaneously online, and once participants complete an entire quiz correctly, they'll be able to add the CPE credit for the activity directly into their Professional Development Portfolios.
This member benefit is part of the Journal's ongoing effort to respond to reader requests and stay on the cutting edge of association publishing. In March of 2005, ADA responded to members by making the CPE credit available through the Journal free to all members. Now, we've made it even easier to obtain Journal CPE credit by offering CPE quizzes in an interactive online format.
To complete a CPE quiz online, follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
- 1Go to www.eatright.org and log in with your username and password.
- 2Click the “Profile/Pay Dues” link at the top of the screen. This takes you to ADA's Online Business Center.
- 3In the Online Business Center, click the “Journal Article Quiz” button. This will take you to a list of all the Journal CPE quizzes you've completed so far. You also have the option to print out a Certificate of Completion for any quizzes you've taken in the past.
- 4To take a new quiz, click “Additional Journal CPE Article.” This takes you to a list of all available Journal CPE articles for the past 12 months. Any CPE quizzes you've already taken are marked completed with a green check mark and cannot be taken again.
- 5Choose a quiz. On the quiz page, click the button next to the answer of your choice for each question. Click “Submit Answers” to have your answers automatically scored. Any incorrectly answered questions will be highlighted with a red “X” and must be answered again. Once you've answered all questions correctly, you'll be automatically redirected to the “Add PDP Activity” page, where you'll be able to add the CPE credit for the activity you've just completed to your Professional Development Portfolio.
- 6Next, select the Learning Need Code for the activity (suggested codes are in the Journal above the title of the article on which the quiz is based).
- 7Finally, answer a question about how you'll use the knowledge or skill you acquired through completing this activity and click “Add Activity.” And you're done!
You must be a member in good standing at the time you submit a completed quiz online in order to receive CPE credit at no charge.
If you have any questions about using the online CPE submission system, please contact ADA's Member Service Center at 800/877-1600, ext. 5000, Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm Central time.
© 2008 Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.