Statistical analysis performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2000.JAMA. 2002; 288: 1723-1727
- Weight maintenance: What’s missing?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: S62-S66
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Weight management.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1145-1146
- Ways of coping with obesity stigma: review and conceptual analysis.Eat Behav. 2003; 4: 53-78
- Long-term maintenance of weight loss: Current status.Health Psychol. 2000; 19: S5-S16
- The dieting maelstrom: Is it possible and advisable to lose weight?.Am Psychol. 1994; 49: 781-791
- Behavioral interventions for obesity.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: S35-S43
- Weight, health and culture: Shifting the paradigm for alternative health care.Alt Health Pract. 1999; 5: 45-68
- A commentary on the new obesity guidelines from NIH.J Am Diet Assoc. 1999; 99: 918-919
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute North American Association for the Study of Obesity. 2000 (NIH Publication Number 00-4084)
- Overeating, reversal theory and weight cycling.West J Nurs Res. 1998; 20: 67-83
- Eating as both coping and stressor in overweight control.J Adv Nurs. 2001; 36: 563-573
- The relationship between basic need satisfaction and emotional eating.Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2001; 22: 691-701
- Emotional eating in overweight, normal weight and underweight individuals.Eat Behav. 2003; 3: 341-347
- Development and validation: The EADES (Eating and Appraisal Due to Emotions and Stress) Questionnaire.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 619-628
The University of Alabama. The University of Alabama Factbook. Available at: http://bama.ua.edu/∼oir/factbook/2004-2005/DIR_20042005factbooktblcnt.shtml. Accessed June 19, 2005.
- Negative affect and binge eating in overweight women.Br J Health Psychol. 2002; 7: 77-87
- Stress and Emotion: A New Synthesis.Springer, New York, NY1999
- Identifying predictive variables for long-term weight change after participation in a weight loss program.J Am Diet Assoc. 1993; 93: 1017-1024
- Does emotional eating interfere with success in attempts at weight control?.J Clin Psychol. 1990; 15: 151-157
- The role of daily hassles in binge eating.Int J Eat Disord. 2001; 29: 449-454
- The effects of caloric deprivation and negative affect on binge-eating in obese being-eating disordered women.Behav Ther. 1998; 2: 491-503
- Etiology and treatment of obesity: Understanding a serious, prevalent and refractory disorder.J Clin Psychol. 1992; 60: 505-517
- Bulimic’s responses to food cravings: Is binge-eating a product of hunger or emotional state?.Behav Res Ther. 2001; 39: 877-886
- Assessment of emotional, externally induced and restrained eating behavior in nine to twelve-year-old obese and non-obese children.Behav Res Ther. 1997; 35: 863-873
Alabama Department of Public Health Center for Health Statistics. Obesity fact sheet. Available at: http://adph.org/administration/obesityfactsheet.pdf. Accessed July 10, 2005.
Centers for Disease Control. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey prevalence data 2004. Available at: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/brfss/sex.asp?cat=DE&yr=2004&qkey=4409&state=US. Accessed July 31, 2005.
- The Solution Method: 2-year trends in weight, exercise, blood pressure, depression, and functioning of adults trained in developmental skills.J Am Diet Assoc. 1997; 97: 1133-1138
- The role of the behavioral counselor in obesity treatment.J Am Diet Assoc. 1998; 98: S27-S30