Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Weight management through lifestyle modification for the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes: Rationale and strategies. A statement of the American Diabetes Association, the North American Association for the Study of Obesity, and the American Society for Clinical Nutrition.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 257-263
- Changing the energy density of the diet as a strategy for weight management.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 98-103
- Food and nutritional profile of high energy density consumers in an adult Mediterranean population.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2001; 55: 192-199
- Dietary energy density and body weight.Nutr Rev. 2004; 62: 403-413
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005. 6th ed. US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2005 (January)
- Nutritional risk assessment and obesity in rural older adults.Am J Clin Nutr. 2003; 77: 551-558
- Dietary variety increases the probability of nutrient adequacy among adults.J Nutr. 2004; 134: 1779-1785
- Design and Operation. United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Washington, DC1998
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. 1994-96, 1998 Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals (CSFII). CD-ROM. Beltsville, MD; 2000.
- Dietary energy density determined by eight calculation methods in a nationally representative United States population.J Nutr. 2005; 135: 273-278
- A clinical trial of the effects of dietary patterns on blood pressure.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 1117-1124
US Department of Agriculture. MyPyramid. Available at: http://www.mypyramid.gov. Accessed April 19, 2005.
- Association between dietary patterns and plasma biomarkers of obesity and cardiovascular risk.Am J Clin Nutr. 2001; 73: 61-67
- Identification of groups who report similar patterns of diet among a representative national sample of British adults aged 65 years of age or more.Public Health Nutr. 2001; 4: 787-795
- Dietary patterns of rural older adults are associated with weight and nutritional status.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 589-595
- The Practical Guide. Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD2002 (NIH Publication No. 02-4084 ed.)
- Water incorporated into a food but not served with a food decreases energy intake in lean women.Am J Clin Nutr. 1999; 70: 448-455
- Effects of energy density of daily food intake on long-term energy intake.Physiol Behav. 2004; 81: 765-771
- Does the consumption of different beverages with a meal affect intake?.FASEB J. 2004; 18: A1109
- The Volumetrics Eating Plan. HarperCollins Publishers, Inc, New York, NY2005