Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Position of the American Dietetic Association.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 260-266
- Nutrition and You: Trends 2002: Final Report of Findings. 2002 (October . Available at: http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/media_1578_ENU_HTML.htm. Accessed December 28, 2005.)
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC1988: 696 (PHS) Publication no. 88-50210. US Surgeon General’s Report on Nutrition and Health.
- John Wiley, New York, NY2002 American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide. 2nd ed.
- Marketing Nutrition. University of Illinois Press, Champaign, IL2005
- Endorsement Policy Statement on Food Advertising. Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC1994
- Are some comparative nutrition claims misleading? The role of nutrition knowledge, ad claim type and disclosure conditions.J Advertising. 2000; 29: 29-42
- Do “low-fat” nutrition labels lead to obesity?.J Marketing Res. 2006 (In press.)
- Dietary supplement use.J Nutr. 2001; 131: S1339-S1343
- Health, Information and the Use of Questionable Treatments. US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC1987
- The Health Professional’s Guide to Popular Dietary Supplements. American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL2000
- The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994. 1994 (Pub L No. 103-417 (S 784) (codified at 42 USC §287C-11))
- De-marketing obesity.California Manage Rev. 2005; 49: 1-13
- Trends in American Eating Patterns 2002. Food Marketing Institute, Washington, DC2002
- Communicating science-based food and nutrition information.J Nutr. 2002; 132: S2481-S2482
- Mindless Eating. Bantam-Dell, New York, NY2006
- Food for Thought VI. 2005 (Available at: http://ific.nisgroup.com/research/fftres.cfm. Accessed December 21, 2005.)
- Guidelines for medical and health information sites on the Internet.JAMA. 2000; 283: 1600-1606
- Nutrition Quackery. Nutrition Dimension, Eureka, CA1998
- Nutrition communication in the 21st century.Nutrition. 2000; 16: 644-646
- Nutrition.Nutr Today. 1988; 23: 8-17
- Health quackery.J Am Diet Assoc. 1994; 94: 607-611
- Alternative medicine—or quackery?.Patient Care. 1994; 28: 80-97
- Messages for the masses.J Am Diet Assoc. 1997; 97: 733-734
- The Dietary Guideline Alliance.Reaching Consumers with Meaningful Health Messages. 1996 (Available at: http://www.fmi.org/consumer/iaay/. Accessed January 27, 2006.)
- Status report on nutrition in the news.J Am Diet Assoc. 2000; 100: 1298-1299
US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Agriculture. Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005. Available at: http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/document/. Accessed December 28, 2005.
US Department of Agriculture. MyPyramid. Available at: http://www.mypyramid.gov/. Accessed January 4, 2006.