Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Foods Sold in Competition with USDA School Meal Programs. 2001 (Available at: http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/Lunch/CompetitiveFoods/report_congress.htm. Accessed December 12, 2005.)
- Food Service and Foods and Beverages Available at School.J Sch Health. 2001; 71: 313-324
- School Nutrition Dietary Assessment Study-II. Final Report. US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis, Nutrition and Evaluation, Alexandria, VA2001
Competitive Food Service. 67 Federal Register 105-106 (2002) (codified at 7 CFR §220.12).
- Availability of foods in high schools.J Am Diet Assoc. 1996; 96: 123-126
- Position of the American Dietetic Association.J Am Diet Assoc. 1991; 91: 1123-1125
- Fostering healthy food consumption in schools.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1228-1233
- Competitive foods available in Pennsylvania public high schools.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1243-1249
- Fast food sales on high school campuses.J Sch Health. 2002; 72: 78-82
- Availability of a la carte food items in junior and senior high schools.J Am Diet Assoc. 2000; 100: 701-703
- Effect of a la carte and snack bar foods at school on children’s lunchtime intake of fruits and vegetables.J Am Diet Assoc. 2000; 100: 1482-1486
- The association of the school environment with dietary behaviors of young adolescents.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1168-1173
- Final report submitted to the USDA. Children’s Diets in the Mid-1990s. Dietary Intake and Its Relationship with School Meal Participation. 2001 (Available at: http://www.fns.usda.gov/oane/MENU/Published/CNP/FILES/ChilDiet.pdf. Accessed January 3, 2006.)
- Food environment in secondary schools.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1161-1167
The Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004. Pub L No. 108-265, 118 Stat 712.
- Mail and Telephone Surveys.John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY1978
- Food Politics.University of California Press, Berkeley, CA2002
- Soft drink consumption among US children and adolescents.J Am Diet Assoc. 1999; 99: 436-441
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Healthy School Nutrition Environments. http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/Healthy/changing.html. Accessed December 12, 2005.
- Guidelines for school health programs to promote lifelong healthy eating.MMWR Recomm Rep. 1996; 45: 1-37
- Fit, Healthy, and Ready to Learn.National Association of State Boards of Education, Alexandria, VA2000
- Regulating the Sale of Competitive Foods in Schools. 2000 (Available at: http://www.aft.org/about/resolutions/2000/compfoods.htm. Accessed December 12, 2005.)