Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Fruits and Vegetables. Enhanced Federal Efforts to Increase Consumption Could Yield Health Benefits for Americans. US General Accounting Office, Washington, DC2002 (Publication GAO-02-657)
- Position of the American Dietetic Association.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1145-1155
US Dept of Agriculture. Nutrition and Your Health: Dietary Guidelines for Americans. 5th ed. Available at: http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines. Accessed April 9, 2004.
- Fruit and vegetable intakes of children and adolescents in the United States.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1996; 150: 81-86
- Measuring implementation of school programs and policies to promote healthy eating and physical activity among youth.Prev Med. 2000; 31: S86-S97
- Using the school environment to promote physical activity and healthy eating.Prev Med. 2000; 31: S121-S137
- Are differences in exposure to a multicomponent school-based intervention associated with varying dietary outcomes in adolescents?.Health Educ Behav. 2002; 29: 427-443
- Position of the American Dietetic Association, Society for Nutrition Education, and American School Food Service Association: Nutrition services: An essential component of comprehensive school health programs.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 505-514
- Food Assistance Research Brief—The USDA Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Program Evaluation. US Dept of Agriculture, Washington, DC2003 (Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Report No. 34-14)
- School Lunch Salad Bars. US Department of Agriculture, Alexandria, VA2003
- School Lunch Program. US General Accounting Office, Washington, DC2003 (Publication GAO 03-506)
Buzby JC, Guthrie JF. Plate waste in school nutrition programs: Final report to Congress. Economic Research Service E-FAN-02-009. Available at: www.ers.usda.gov/publications/efan02009/. Accessed March 14, 2004
- The School Nutrition Dietary Assessment Study. Mathematica Policy Research Inc, Princeton, NJ1993 (MPR Reference No. 7937-140)
- Monitoring dietary change in a low-fat diet intervention study.JAMA. 1996; 96: 574-579
- Comparison of visual estimates of children’s portion sizes under both shared-plate and individual-plate conditions.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 47-52
- A comparison of methods for plate waste determinations.J Am Diet Assoc. 1985; 85: 328-331
Slusser W, Neumann C. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the salad bar program in the Los Angeles Unified School District. Available at: http://socialmarketing-nutrition.ucdavis.edu/VIDEO/video2002.htm. Accessed March 14, 2003.
- Evaluation of the use of a self-service fruit and vegetable bar on the consumption and plate waste.J Am Diet Assoc. 1996; 96: A-10
- Measurement of dietary intake in children.Proc Nutr Soc. 2000; 59: 279-293
- Accuracy of estimating food intake by observation.J Am Diet Assoc. 1994; 94: 1273-1277
- Distributions of serving sizes and plate waste in school lunches. Implications for measurement.J Am Diet Assoc. 1982; 81: 413-422