Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity among US children, adolescents and adults 1999-2002.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2847-2850
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults—The Evidence Report. National Institutes of Health.Obes Res. 1998; 6: S51-S209
- NIH Strategic Plan for Obesity Research.National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD2004
Nutrition Business Journal Sports Nutrition and Weight Loss Report 2004. Available at: http://www.nutritionbusiness.com. Accessed September 20, 2004.
- Guidelines regarding the recommendation and sale of dietary supplements.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1158-1164
- Position of the American Dietetic Association.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 115-125
- Food and Nutrition Board and Board on Life Sciences, Institute of Medicine and National Research Council Dietary Supplements.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2004
- Medical care of the bariatric surgery patient.Nutr Clin Care. 2004; 7: 19-30
Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Betsey Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction. Executive report: Expert panel on patient safety in weight loss surgery. Boston, MA: Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Available at: http://www.mass.gov.dph. Accessed September 20, 2004.
- Very low calorie diets.JAMA. 1993; 270: 967-974
- Dietary Reference Intakes for Water, Potassium, Sodium, Chloride and Sulfate.National Academy Press, Washington, DC2004
- Experimental potassium depletion in normal human subjects. 1. Relation of ionic intakes to the renal conservation of sodium.J Clin Invest. 1959; 38: 1134-1148
- Obesity.in: Kasper D.L. Fauci A.S. Longo D.L. Braunwald E. Haiser S.L. Jameson J.L. Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. 16th edition. McGraw Hill, New York, NY2004: 422-429
- Bone and gastric bypass surgery.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 40-47
- Calorie restriction and skeletal mass in rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta).J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: B98-B107
- A high dairy protein, high-calcium diet minimizes bone turnover in overweight adults during weight loss.J Nutr. 2004; 134: 568-573
- Weight loss and calcium intake influence calcium absorption in overweight postmenopausal women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 123-130
- Alternative treatments for weight loss.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2001; 41: 1-28
- ASHP statement on the use of dietary supplements.Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2004; 61: 1707-1711
- The effectiveness of popular, non-prescription weight loss supplements.Med J Aust. 1999; 171: 604-608
- Dietary supplements for body-weight reduction.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 79: 529-536
- Supplemental products used for weight loss.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2004; 44: 59-67
- Efficacy and safety of ephedra and ephedrine for weight loss and athletic performance.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1537-1545
- Chromium picolinate for body weight reduction.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003; 27: 522-529
- Comparison of an ephedrine/caffeine combination and dexfenfluramine in the treatment of obesity.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1994; 2: 99-103
- A randomized comparative study evaluating a nonprescription, ephedrine-based, dietary supplement vs. a prescription fat blocking medication for weight loss in healthy overweight women (abstract).J Strength Conditioning Research. 2004; 16: 1-18
Food and Drug Administration. Final Rule Declaring Dietary Supplements Containing Ephedrine Alkaloids Adulterated Because They Present an Unreasonable Risk. The Federal Register 2004;Vol 69, No. 28:6787-6854. Available at: http://fr.cos.com/cgi-bin/getRec?id=20040211a160. Accessed September 20, 2004.
- Citrus aurantium, an ingredient of dietary supplements marketed for weight loss: Current status of clinical and basic research.Expert Biol Med. 2004; 229: 698-709
- Safety and efficacy of Citrus aurantium for weight loss.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 94: 1359-1361
- Assessment of botanical supplementation on human cytochrome P450 phenotype.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2004; 78: P35
- Effects of niacin-bound chromium supplementation on body composition in overweight African-American women.Diabet Obes Metab. 1999; 1: 331-337
- Efficacy and safety of dietary supplements containing CLA for the treatment of obesity.J Lipid Res. 2003; 44: 2234-2241
- Metabolic effects of conjugated linoleic acid in humans.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 79: S1146-S1148
- The effect of the dietary supplement Chitosan on body weight.Int J Obes. 2004; 28: 1149-1156
- Calcium and dairy acceleration of weight and fat loss during energy restriction in obese adults.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 582-590
Zemel MB, Teegarden D, Van Loan M, Schoeller DA, Matkovic V, Lyle RM, Craig BA. Role of dairy products in modulating weight and fat loss: A multi-center trial 2004: Obesity Research Annual Meeting Program Abstracts No. 566.5. Obes Res. In press.
- Effect of calcium supplementation on weight and fat loss in women.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004; 89: 632-637
- Bone turnover and density in obese premenopausal women during moderate weight loss and calcium supplementation.J Bone Miner Res. 2001; 16: 1329-1336
- Increased dairy product or calcium intake.J Nutr. 2003; 133: S245-S248