Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- How much lactose is low lactose?.J Am Diet Assoc. 1996; 96: 243-246
Committee on Nutrition. Practical significance of lactose intolerance in children: supplement. Pediatrics. 1990;86:643-644.
- Fecal hydrogen production and consumption measurements response to daily lactose ingestion by lactose maldigesters.Dig Dis Sci. 1997; 42: 348-353
- A comparison of symptoms after the consumption of milk or lactose-hydrolyzed milk by people with self-reported severe lactose intolerance.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1-4
American Academy of Pediatrics. The practical significance of lactose intolerance in children. Pediatrics. 1978;62:240-245.
- Relationship of lactose intolerance to milk intolerance in young children.Am J Clin Nutr. 1976; 29: 192
- Relationship of milk consumption to blood glucose rise in lactose intolerant individuals.Am J Clin Nutr. 1975; 28: 677
- Comparative effects of exogenous lactase (β-galactosidase) preparations on in vivo lactose digestion.Dig Dis Sci. 1993; 38: 2022-2027
- Reduced intolerance symptoms from lactose consumed during a meal.Am J Clin Nutr. 1988; 47: 57-60
- Lactose malabsorption from yogurt, pasteurized yogurt, sweet acidophilus milk, and cultured milk in lactase-deficient individuals.Am J Clin Nutr. 1984; 40: 1219-1223
- Milk intolerance and microbe-containing dairy foods.J Dairy Sci. 1987; 70: 397-406
- Colonic adaptation to daily lactose feeding in lactose maldigesters reduces lactose intolerance.Am J Clin Nutr. 1996; 64: 232-236
- Adaptation of lactose maldigesters to continued milk intakes.Am J Clin Nutr. 1993; 58: 879-881
- Life Sciences Research Office, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology.Third Report on Nutrition Monitoring in the United States. Vol 2. Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, Phase I. 1988-1991. US Dept of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC1995
- Calcium retention in relation to calcium intake and postmenarcheal age in adolescent females.Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 66: 327-333
- Incomplete absorption of the carbohydrate in all-purpose wheat flour.N Engl J Med. 1981; 304: 891-892
- Rice flour, breath hydrogen, and malabsorption.Gastroenterology. 1984; 87: 578-585
- Chapter.Am J Clin Nutr. 1988; 48: 1099-1104
Posati LP, Orr ML. Consumption of foods dairy and egg products raw processed prepared. Agriculture Handbook No. 8-1. United States Department of Agriculture. Agricultural Research Service. 1976.
- Differences in calcium metabolism between adolescent and adult females.Am J Clin Nutr. 1995; 61: 577-581
- Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry. 2nd ed. John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY1982
- The glycemic index.Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 54: 846-854
- Practical nonparametric statistics. John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY1971
Systat Inc. SYSTATforthe Macintosh, version 5.2. Evanston, IL:SYSTAT, Inc. 1992.
- Tolerance to the daily ingestion of two cups of milk by individuals claiming lactose intolerance.Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 65: 1502-1506
- A semiparametric transformational approach to estimating usual daily intake distributions.J Am Stat Assoc. 1996; 91: 1440-1465
- Lactose maldigestion is not an impediment to the intake of 1500mg calcium daily as dairy products.Am J Clin Nutr. 1998; 68: 1118-1122