Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity Among Adults: United States, 2003-2004. Washington, DC: National Center for Health Statistics. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/pubs/pubd/hestats/obese03_04/overwght_adult_03.htm. Accessed May 15, 2006.
- Recent advances in basic obesity research.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1504-1506
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults—the Evidence Report.Obes Res. 1998; 6: 51S-209S
Diet supplements revealed: Learn which supplements burn fat fast and which are no more than hype. Available at: http://www.aboutsupplements.com. Accessed April 15, 2006.
- Regulation of adiposity and obesity risk by dietary calcium.J Am Coll Nutr. 2002; 21: 146S-151S
- The role of dairy foods in weight management.J Am Coll Nutr. 2005; 24: 537S-546S
- Calcium modulation of hypertension and obesity.J Am Coll Nutr. 2001; 20: 428S-435S
- Regulation of adiposity by dietary calcium.FASEB J. 2000; 14: 1132-1138
- 1984 Blood pressure and nutrient intake in the United States.Science. 1984; 224: 1392-1398
- Calcium intake and body weight.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 85: 4635-4638
- Dairy consumption, obesity, and the insulin resistance syndrome in young adults.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2081-2089
- Calcium intake, body composition, and lipoprotein-lipid concentrations in adults.Am J Clin Nutr. 2003; 77: 1448-1452
- Calcium and dairy intakes in relation to long-term weight gain in US men.Am J Clin Nutr. 2006; 83: 559-566
- Randomized controlled trial of novel, simple, and well supervised weight reducing diets in outpatients.BMJ. 1998; 317: 1487-1489
- Effects of calcium and dairy on body composition and weight loss in African-American adults.Obes Res. 2005; 13: 1218-1225
- Long-term effect of calcium supplementation on bone loss in perimenopausal women.J Bone Miner Res. 1994; 9: 963-970
- Dairy products do not lead to alterations in body weight or fat mass in young women in a 1-y intervention.Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 81: 751-756
- Bone mineral changes in obese women during a moderate weight loss with and without calcium supplementation.J Bone Min Res. 2001; 16: 141-147
- Long-term effects of calcium supplementation on serum parathyroid level, bone turnover, and bone loss in elderly women.J Bone Miner Res. 1998; 16: 168-174
- Assessment of a one-page questionnaire on long-term recreational physical activity.Epidemiology. 2003; 15: 105-113
- Compendium of physical activities.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000; 32: S498-S504
- Calcium turnover and nutrition through the life cycle.Proc Nutr Soc. 2001; 60: 283-289
- The role of calcium in peri- and postmenopausal women.Menopause. 2001; 8: 84-95
- State-specific prevalence of selected chronic disease-related characteristics—Behavioral risk factor surveillance system. 2001 (Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5208a1.htm. Accessed August 13, 2003.)
- Reliability and validity of self-report of vitamin and mineral supplement use in the VITamins And Lifestyle (VITAL) study.Am J Epidemiol. 2003; 157: 944-954
- Validity of self-reported waist and hip circumferences in men and women.Epidemiology. 1990; 1: 466-473
- Accuracy of self-reported height and weight in women.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2003; 48: 338-345
- Accuracy of 1-, 5- and 10-year body weight recall given in a standard questionnaire.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1997; 21: 67-71