Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Global Nutrition Industry in 2004.Presentation made at Expo Asia, 2004. 2005; (http://www.naturalproductsasia.com/naturalproductsasia/images/ppt/Day2/1000-1050_Grant_Ferrier.ppt Accessed August 17, 2005)
- Position of the American Dietetic Association.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 115-125
- Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994. 1994; (Pub L No. 103-417 (S.784); 1994. Codified at 4 USC 287C-11.)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, IL2004: 307-309 (349, 793) Pediatric Nutrition Handbook. 5th ed.
- Secular trends in dietary intake in the United States.Annu Rev Nutr. 2004; 24: 401-431
- Methodological issues in assessing dietary supplement use in children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 703-708
- Recommendations to prevent and control iron deficiency in the United States.MMWR. 1998; 47: 1-36
- Dietary supplements in American children.Nutr Today. 2002; 37: 128-129
- Estimation of usual intake distributions of nutrients and foods.J Nutr. 2003; 133: S601-S608
- Estimation of usual intakes.J Nutr. 2003; 133: S609-S623
- Collection and analysis of intake data from the integrated survey.J Nutr. 2003; 133: S585-S589
- Dietary patterns and nutrient intakes of toddlers from low-income families in Denver, Colorado.J Am Diet Assoc. 1990; 90: 823-829
- Longitudinal patterns of vitamin and mineral supplement use in young white children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 763-772
- Dietary Reference Intakes. National Academy Press, Washington, DC2000
- FITS: Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study. Overview of the study design.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: S8-S13
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study (FITS).J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S12-S27
- Dietary supplement use by US adults.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 339-349
- Nonvitamin, nonmineral dietary supplements.J Am Diet Assoc. 2000; 100: 447-454
- Dietary Reference Intakes. National Academy Press, Washington, DC1999
- Energy and protein intakes of breast-fed and formula-fed infants during the first year of life and their association with growth velocity.Am J Clin Nutr. 1993; 58: 152-161
- Breast milk volume and composition during late lactation (7-20 months).J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1984; 3: 713-720
- Dietary Reference Intakes. National Academy Press, Washington, DC2002
- Revisiting vitamin A measurements.NDS Quarterly. 2001; 11: 2
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: S22-S30
- Third Report on Nutrition Monitoring in the United States. US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC1995
- Use of dietary supplements in the United States, 1988-94.Vital Health Stat. 1999; series 11, no. 244: 1-14
- Vitamin-mineral supplement use among preschool children in the United States.Pediatrics. 1997; 100 (Available at: http://www.pediatrics.org/cgi/content/full/100/5/e4. Accessed August 2, 2005): 1-6
- Family influences.Nutr Today. 2002; 37: 173-174
- Nutrient intakes of infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: S14-S21
- WIC Food Packages. National Academy Press, Washington, DC2005
- Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, and Carotenoids. National Academy Press, Washington, DC2000
- Sources of energy and nutrients in the diets of infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S28-S42
- Food and Nutrient Intakes by Children 1994-96, 1998. 2005; (http://www.barc.usda.gov/bhnrc/foodsurvey/home.htm Accessed June 6, 2005)
- Nutrition and Health Characteristics of Low-Income Populations, Volume II.US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, Electronic publication number E-FAN-04-010-2. 2004; (http://www.ers.usda.gov Accessed June 16, 2005)
- Average portions of foods commonly eaten by infants and toddlers in the United States.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S66-S76
- Current approaches to standards of care for children.Nutr Today. 2002; 37: 177-179
- Overview and mechanisms of iron regulation.Nutr Rev. 1995; 53: 237-245
- Ascorbic acid prevents the dose-dependent inhibitory effects of polyphenols and phytates on nonheme-iron absorption.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 53: 537-541
Web Site Exclusive!
This research project was funded by Gerber Products Company. This research project was a collaborative effort among Mathematica Policy Research, Inc staff (authors Briefel, Hanson, and Novak), consultant Fox, and staff (author Ziegler) for the Gerber Products Company.
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of Gerber.